Thread: Wiper squirter pump not working

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar

Wiper squirter pump not working

Has anyone had to replace the pump for the windshield wiper squirters? Mine stopped working yesterday and it's really needed here in the winter. Can I get just the pump itself? cost?
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Senior Member Getting Dirty hoaxci5's Avatar
    I don't know what the weathers like up there, but are you sure it isn't frozen? When I bought my XK in CA it had like +32 fluid and froze up when I took it to CO the first time..

It's been in the 40's the past few days and the snow has melted. Worked fine when we were in the single digits a few weeks ago. I can't here the pump kicking in either.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    They're easy to replace man. I'd just check to make sure it's the pump and not the wiring. Hit it with a 12V jumper and see if it squirts.

Rockauto has the OEM pump (5179153AC) for $70.

Wholesale Mopar has MSRP 96.95 and 70.36 order price

Thanks. I'll mess with it this week and see if I can get it to work with 12v jumper

Ok so I called around and appearently there is a pump for both the front and rear squirters. Both located on the reservoir. Neither the front or rear squirters are working and I doubt both pump went at the same time. I looked in the owners manual to see if there is a fuse or relay that is linked to the squirters but didn't find anything. Both front and rear wipers work fine, just not the squirters. The reservoir is full and they aren't iced up.

After looking at the jeep, I only see one pump off the reservoir which has two hoses coming off of it. I'm thinking that pump is shot but will find out real soon

EDIT: the pump is bad. Not what I want to spend almost $100 on
    Last edited by 07JeepXK; 12-30-2013 at 03:38 PM.

Thread Information