Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vehicle Needed - Hidden Winch Mount Installation / Keystone Brush Guard Test Fitting

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Slightly bigger bit then whatever your trying to drill out. I thought people were cutting the cross member out?

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Drilling is much cleaner but it does take some work as you have to step up the drill bits unless you have one of the ones with many different sizes all-in-one.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Member Looking for Dirt
    They were a bit pita did you reuse the holes on the bottom or drill new ones ?

Senior Member Getting Dirty thance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by norwaywj View Post
    Anybody got pointers on drilling out the spot welds ? Really struggeling with them. Need the crossmember off so I can start mounting the hiddden winch
    I cut off the cross member with a sawzaw.... quite easy. I cut the frame rails parallel to the cross member about 1/2" back. See the link to the custom plow mount in my sig.
    2010 5.7 QTII - OME HD w/ 3/8" spacers up front and F150 MLL in rear, JBA UCA 6.7, JKS 2034 Front Quick Disconnects, Gas Tank Skid Mod, PinchWeld Mod, 1.5" SpiderTrax, General Grabber AT 265/70/17, Custom Front Receiver / Plow Mount, Custom Tow Rings F/R, Diablo Intune.

Senior Member Getting Dirty thance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thance View Post
    I cut off the cross member with a sawzaw.... quite easy. I cut the frame rails parallel to the cross member about 1/2" back. See the link to the custom plow mount in my sig.
    Here is a direct link to the post:

http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/...1&postcount=16
    2010 5.7 QTII - OME HD w/ 3/8" spacers up front and F150 MLL in rear, JBA UCA 6.7, JKS 2034 Front Quick Disconnects, Gas Tank Skid Mod, PinchWeld Mod, 1.5" SpiderTrax, General Grabber AT 265/70/17, Custom Front Receiver / Plow Mount, Custom Tow Rings F/R, Diablo Intune.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information