Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vehicle Needed - Hidden Winch Mount Installation / Keystone Brush Guard Test Fitting

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Yes, in that photo the grill had not been attached and the bumper was too tight. We had to remove the bottom three bolts from the bumper to release the pressure and it fit.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Member Looking for Dirt
    I bought one of the winch mounts from the first Production run. Would I need to do this to get a good fit on an XK ?

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by norwaywj View Post
    I bought one of the winch mounts from the first Production run. Would I need to do this to get a good fit on an XK ?
    If it was for a WK you would need to but the other radiator support but that is the only difference. I can get one made if needed, but I would have to check the cost for just that part (it can't be to much by itself).
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

Member Looking for Dirt
    I bought XK-version from the pre-order and is mounting it on an XK.
    Do I need a different radiator support or should I be able to mount it now ? Thanks Oyvind

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by norwaywj View Post
    I bought XK-version from the pre-order and is mounting it on an XK.
    Do I need a different radiator support or should I be able to mount it now ? Thanks Oyvind
    If you bought the Commander version then it will work on any Commander.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

Member Looking for Dirt
    Thanks !!

Member Looking for Dirt
    I'm going over the instructions before my install. From point 17-20 it seems you are assembling the vehicle, but under point 21 in the instructions you install the winch.
    Do you need to remove the hidden winch again at point 21, or can the winch be mounted into the winchmount with the mount on the vehicle ?

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Sorry about the confusion...

After you test fit and make sure the winch mount is where you need it to be, you need to take it out to install the winch.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

Member Looking for Dirt
    Thanks for Your quick replys ! Great service !

Member Looking for Dirt
    Anybody got pointers on drilling out the spot welds ? Really struggeling with them. Need the crossmember off so I can start mounting the hiddden winch

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information