Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: First Mod of 2014

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    It counts as long as you post a pic

What box are you getting? I might be going that route soon too if I can't afford a larger SUV before our next family vacation.

Member Looking for Dirt scottso699's Avatar
    I got new tires - BF Goodrich Rugged Terrains - 265/70r17. Not the mud terrains I used to but acceptable. These are borderline Street tire/All Terrains. Good enough for 50 miles a day to work and also hitting the trails if and when I ever get around to it!

I also plan to get a rusty's rear track bar.

I cut the protruding bolt threads and the rear of the receiver on the hitch but my spare still won't fit. I'll have to take it off, cut the nuts off (he he... I'd like to do that to some people I know...) and put in carriage bolts from the opposite direction.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New Tires2.JPG 
Views:	138 
Size:	85.0 KB 
ID:	2224  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New Tires1.JPG 
Views:	132 
Size:	96.5 KB 
ID:	2225  

Scott

2006 WK Overland
    OME HD / Blistein 4600 Struts/ Monroe F150 Load Adjusting Shocks / Superchips Programmer / 265/70r17 BFG Rugged Terrians / K&N CAI / Dynomax Ultra Flow muffler

Junior Member Looking for Dirt
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post

What box are you getting? I might be going that route soon too if I can't afford a larger SUV before our next family vacation.
    I'm not really sure yet...Looking in the 13-16 cubic feet range. Outside of that, kind of shopping on looks, want one that looks sleek. But when I get one there will be plenty of pics.
    09 WK Laredo 4x4 in Brilliant Black-Stock
    05 KJ LTD 4x4 in Light Khaki: Mopar hooks, All skids, Huskyliners, Diggerized license plate frame, OME/Bilstein Lift, JBA UCA's, 245/70/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers
    07 Land Rover LR3 SE V8 in Java Black- 255/60/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers
    Previous relevant vehicles: 05 Dodge Durango 4x2 Hemi Limited 99 WJ Laredo 4.0 SelecTrac

Senior Member Getting Dirty hoaxci5's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post

I've got this one (which if you want to make the trip over you can borrow pretty much anytime)
    http://www.yakima.com/shop/cargo/cargo-boxes/skybox-18

There was enough space left that I built a side rack for a couple trips. (which you or anyone that wants to come pickup can have for free)

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty mrnavy2's Avatar
    Well this year I hope to get new tires, front hooks and a trailer hitch then I will be ready to get dirty.
    A Veteran, whether Active Duty, Retired, National Guard, of Reserves, is someone who, at one point in their lives, wrote a check payable to "The United States of America" for a amount of
    "up to and including my Life". That is Honor, and there are way to many people in the country who no longer understand it.

Senior Member Getting Dirty jjt250's Avatar
    Today I ordered new headlights (stock replacements, but they're going to be painted anyways), color matched spray painted, and the Morimoto Mini H1 stage III HID projector kit. I can't wait to get it all in and get to work!
    John
    2007 Grand Cherokee Limited | QDII | 3.0L Diesel | S4xC Shackles Mounts | Goodyear Duratracs
    Bilstein HD Front/Rear | Rusty's 1/2" Strut Spacer | Hemi XK Front/Rear Coils | HID Projectors

Senior Member Getting Dirty lekmedm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jjt250 View Post
    Today I ordered new headlights (stock replacements, but they're going to be painted anyways), color matched spray painted, and the Morimoto Mini H1 stage III HID projector kit. I can't wait to get it all in and get to work!
    Ooooh... Looking forward to this!
    2007 Commander Overland / 4" SuperLift / 285/70R17 Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx / Rusty's adjustable rear UCAs / Carolina Driveline front drive shaft / Flashpaq / DRLs & Tilting Mirrors / Autolite Iridiums / Cobra 29LX Chrome LE CB & Firestik antenna / Rear fog lights / Mopar Grille Guard with HID driving lights
    "4 wheel drive does not mean 4 wheel stop!" -Lee Goldberg, WABC TV weatherman

Senior Member Getting Dirty The_War_Wagon's Avatar
    My Weathertech floorliners arrived yesterday... 6 mos. TOO late. If I'd known it was gonna be THIS kinda winter, I'd of ordered them in late October...

That said, I'm taking it to Ziebart on Monday. I actually enjoy washing, waxing, and detailing it myself, BUT... this winter's gonna kill it, before spring ever gets here. I want all the salt & grime shampooed OUT of the carpet, before I plop the new floorliners over it.

That, and it should be the SHARPEST Commander in Pittsburgh, after THIS winter.

Oh yeah - and my Fastman throttle body is on the way!
    '07 Jeep Commander, Rocky Mountain Edition - 287 V-8 - Superchipped - aFe Stage II R-5A CAI - Flowmaster Super 44 - 2" Daystar lift - Spidertrax spacers - 32x10.5x17 Cooper A/T's - Fastman throttlebody - Skyjacker 8000 shocks

This wasn't really a mod...but had to replace the rear window wiper motor last weekend. First real mod will be regearing to 3.73.

Senior Member Getting Dirty jjt250's Avatar
    Forgot to post this, but I finally finished my HID Projector retrofit a while back.

I really liked the way the new 2014 SRT8s looked with the blacked out grill and headlights flowing together (see picture below). That's where I got my inspiration from. It looks really cool and eye-catching when you see it, especially when it's clean. I plan to follow this theme in the future, but I don't want to black everything out.

This is the Stage III Morimoto H1 kit from The Retrofit Source with 5000k bulbs. I painted some stock replacement housings and mounted the projectors in those. Hopefully I'll remember to get some better pictures, but this is what I've got for now:

Also note, I have not finished painting my grill yet so that's why it looks the way it does.
    John
    2007 Grand Cherokee Limited | QDII | 3.0L Diesel | S4xC Shackles Mounts | Goodyear Duratracs
    Bilstein HD Front/Rear | Rusty's 1/2" Strut Spacer | Hemi XK Front/Rear Coils | HID Projectors

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information