Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: First Mod of 2014

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    You forgot the electronic sway bar disconnects!!! They're beasts and available 6.7 diesel!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    I read the new models aren't going to have the Diesel engine available.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Senior Member Getting Dirty jjt250's Avatar
    I don't think the powerwagons ever had the option of the cummins. I'm pretty sure the reason was that the intercooler took up too much space so they couldn't mount the integrated winch. Not to mention the added weight. Also, I thought powerwagons came with 35s from stock?

Edit: never mind, powerwagons have 285/70r17s from stock.
    Last edited by jjt250; 01-03-2014 at 10:15 AM.
    John
    2007 Grand Cherokee Limited | QDII | 3.0L Diesel | S4xC Shackles Mounts | Goodyear Duratracs
    Bilstein HD Front/Rear | Rusty's 1/2" Strut Spacer | Hemi XK Front/Rear Coils | HID Projectors

Quote Originally Posted by jjt250 View Post
    I don't think the powerwagons ever had the option of the cummins. I'm pretty sure the reason was that the intercooler took up too much space so they couldn't mount the integrated winch. Not to mention the added weight. Also, I thought powerwagons came with 35s from stock?
    The raptor comes with 35's stock. The 32's I mentioned are on the new 2014 models. As far as the models before that I too thought they had bigger tires. Like a 33 or so
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

The powerwagons did come with a cummins in it, I was looking at one before the XK..

2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Quote Originally Posted by 06JeepXKHEMI View Post
    The powerwagons did come with a cummins in it, I was looking at one before the XK..

Andrew, just did a lot of research on the PowerWagons and everything I have been reading says that the cummins was never an option. Like state earlier in the thread it's due to the weight of the cummins, the cummins interfering with the electronic sway bar disconnects and the amount of torque going to locked axles with 4.56 gears (many teeth small pinion) = break!

Good thing I didn't buy it then!!! It was definitely a diesel, probably badged a power wagon

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Quote Originally Posted by 06JeepXKHEMI View Post
    Good thing I didn't buy it then!!! It was definitely a diesel, probably badged a power wagon

Had to be a rebadge- the reason the power wagon never came from the factory with a cummins is there was a clearance issue with the intercooler and the winch behind the front bumper.

Just figure out this years budget- gotta get around $1200 in her before I add the final mod mid year.... A carseat
    2007.5 WK Laredo
    - OEM+ -

Congrats. I've had that mod since the second month of owning my commander, almost 6 1/2 years ago!

Junior Member Looking for Dirt
    For the WK...probably a new ski box for the roof if that counts as a mod!
    09 WK Laredo 4x4 in Brilliant Black-Stock
    05 KJ LTD 4x4 in Light Khaki: Mopar hooks, All skids, Huskyliners, Diggerized license plate frame, OME/Bilstein Lift, JBA UCA's, 245/70/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers
    07 Land Rover LR3 SE V8 in Java Black- 255/60/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers
    Previous relevant vehicles: 05 Dodge Durango 4x2 Hemi Limited 99 WJ Laredo 4.0 SelecTrac

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information