Thread: Global warming my @$$!!!

Senior Member Getting Dirty The_War_Wagon's Avatar

Angry Global warming my @$$!!!

Anybody seen this LOSER?!?!

I've got -8 (UP from -9 earlier) temperatures, with -30 windchill. What have y'all got?

Glo-BULL warming... & NOW you KNOW... the REST, of the story...

'07 Jeep Commander, Rocky Mountain Edition - 287 V-8 - Superchipped - aFe Stage II R-5A CAI - Flowmaster Super 44 - 2" Daystar lift - Spidertrax spacers - 32x10.5x17 Cooper A/T's - Fastman throttlebody - Skyjacker 8000 shocks

Senior Member Getting Dirty lekmedm's Avatar
    For me, the jury is still out on the manmade global warming theory. I don't doubt that we should not be polluting the way we have, but, scientifically, you can only assess the effects when looking at the appropriate scale, and when ice ages existed for thousands of years, the past 100 years of western industrialization isn't even a blip on the radar when we look at the age and history of our planet.

Now, I heard an interesting and perhaps plausible theory about why it's been so cold. Too simplify it, the polar ice caps trap the cold there. With their reduction, the cold is able to expand out. In fact, this is also a possible explanation for the crazy winter the UK had back in 2010-11 when they got really dumped on with snow. When you look at the sea currents and air flow over northern Europe and Scandinavia, there are some arctic regions that no longer exist and let the cold flow down in the direction of the UK. I just don't know if the earth is flexing its muscles, man is crapping things up, or it's some lovely combo of the two.
    2007 Commander Overland / 4" SuperLift / 285/70R17 Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx / Rusty's adjustable rear UCAs / Carolina Driveline front drive shaft / Flashpaq / DRLs & Tilting Mirrors / Autolite Iridiums / Cobra 29LX Chrome LE CB & Firestik antenna / Rear fog lights / Mopar Grille Guard with HID driving lights
    "4 wheel drive does not mean 4 wheel stop!" -Lee Goldberg, WABC TV weatherman

Keep in mind, Antartic sea ice is INCREASING. And here's a nice article about anomalies in Arctic ice melt & growth.

http://www.uwgb.edu/dutchs/PSEUDOSC/SeaIce.HTM
    '07 Jeep Commander, Rocky Mountain Edition - 287 V-8 - Superchipped - aFe Stage II R-5A CAI - Flowmaster Super 44 - 2" Daystar lift - Spidertrax spacers - 32x10.5x17 Cooper A/T's - Fastman throttlebody - Skyjacker 8000 shocks

Senior Member Getting Dirty lekmedm's Avatar
    Are you planning a move to the Falkland Islands???
    2007 Commander Overland / 4" SuperLift / 285/70R17 Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx / Rusty's adjustable rear UCAs / Carolina Driveline front drive shaft / Flashpaq / DRLs & Tilting Mirrors / Autolite Iridiums / Cobra 29LX Chrome LE CB & Firestik antenna / Rear fog lights / Mopar Grille Guard with HID driving lights
    "4 wheel drive does not mean 4 wheel stop!" -Lee Goldberg, WABC TV weatherman

Exclamation

Only if I can drive there!

Speaking of which, I had to run out about 10:30 this morning. We've heated up considerably.

Coldest I've ever SEEN on my dash. Power steering fluid was slightly gelatinous - felt like manual steering! New battery was installed this summer, but even with 750 CCA, it did NOT want to turn over easily. EVERY light on the dash was lit up for a bit, and my tires - which I usually keep 35-40lbs of air in - still registered as "low," according to the TPMS... which was probably frozen as well.

Lumbering through the snow, in a frozen Com - mander, over the potholes we go, PRAYING all the way...

I CAN'T resist...

Thread Information