Name:	WIN_20140131_174913.jpg 
Views:	240 
Size:	96.5 KB 
ID:	2234Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WIN_20140131_174850.jpg 
Views:	260 
Size:	95.0 KB 
ID:	2235

I recently installed a set of rear 4" SL rear springs and extended SL sway bar links. Also installed, were a set of JBA's extended bump stops. Oddly enough they appear to be shorter than the stock bump stops. The front end sits about an inch lower, but I'm not too bothered by it and could always do a little fender flare trimming. In the rear, the XK currently sits a hair over 39.5" passenger side and 39" driver's side. I installed one of Matt's 1/2" spacers on the driver's side to get this result, but will probably take it apart soon to add another to that side to achieve a level rear.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WIN_20140131_163639.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	2236Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WIN_20140131_162125.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	92.4 KB 
ID:	2237Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WIN_20140131_175025.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	96.5 KB 
ID:	2238

2008 QT-1 3.7L Jeep Commander Mod List

-Defender Roof Rack w/ custom removable side ladder

-Airflow Snorkel w/ Safari Intake Head

-Hypertech Maxx programmer

-Thrush Welded Exhaust (Same as Flowmaster 40 series at half the price)

-Sal's Front Bumper Mod

Tires
    -265/70/17 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs
    -1.5" Spidertraxx spacers

Suspension
    -OME HD Struts/Springs + RR 3/8" spacer ~ 3" front lift
    -Rear 4" SL springs + F-150 Monroe Load Levelers ~ 4" rear lift
    -SL extended swaybar links
    -JBA extended bump stops for 4" lift
    -JBA UCA's
    -Rusty's trackbar

Armor
    4xguard
    -Front skid
    -Belly guard
    -Rock rails
    -matrix w/ hoop and 2" receiver

Lights
    -2 Matrix-mounted 130w 6" KC Daylighters

Parts for sale
    -2" Daystar spacer lift -$40

-Dana 35 Solid-brand diff. cover (Says JEEP in middle) - $90

-Superlift 4" extended sway bar links - $40

-Powertrax No slip locker - $400

4xguard armor for sale
    - Belly Guard (2-piece) - $175
    - Front skid (silver) - $200
    - Matrix brush guard w/ grill hoop + 2" receiver - $375

3.73 gear swap kit for V6 XK/WK - prices negotiable if all purchased together
    -3.73 geared front diff, direct bolt in for V6 gear swap - $450
    -3.73 rear ring and pinion out of donor WK - $250
    -Rear Chrysler 8.25" differential rebuild kit from 4xguard - $85
    -Hypertech Max Energy programmer for 3.7L - $275
    Last edited by Ross; 01-15-2015 at 04:03 PM.
    2008 3.7L QT-1 dark blue Jeep Commander // 3+" modified OME lift with 3/8" Rocky Road strut spacer // 4" rear SL springs // 265/70/17 Goodyear Duratracs (Load E) // 1.5" spidertraxx spacers // F-150 Monroe Load Levelers // 4xguard matrix, front guard, belly guard, and rock sliders // 130 watt KC Daylighters - 2 // Airflow snorkel // Thrush welded exhaust // Defender Roof Rack with side ladder // Hypertech Max Energy Programmer

Senior Member Getting Dirty stites-xk's Avatar
    Looks great man! Those springs look good yellow!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Member Looking for Dirt
    looks really good.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Looks great man! Definitely can use an additional spacer on the drivers side.

One of these days I really need to chop up my front bumper too

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    That JBA bump stop is supposed to be used in conjunction with the OEM bump stop. The JBA mounts at the bottom spring perch
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Senior Member Getting Dirty Ross's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    That JBA bump stop is supposed to be used in conjunction with the OEM bump stop. The JBA mounts at the bottom spring perch
    Well that explains it. Funny enough, the supplied bold fit nicely in the upper perch. I guess I'll just have to run an additional spacer like y'all in conjunction with the JBA bump stops up top. Mainly because one of my OEM stops lost a sizeable chunk upon removal haha.
    2008 3.7L QT-1 dark blue Jeep Commander // 3+" modified OME lift with 3/8" Rocky Road strut spacer // 4" rear SL springs // 265/70/17 Goodyear Duratracs (Load E) // 1.5" spidertraxx spacers // F-150 Monroe Load Levelers // 4xguard matrix, front guard, belly guard, and rock sliders // 130 watt KC Daylighters - 2 // Airflow snorkel // Thrush welded exhaust // Defender Roof Rack with side ladder // Hypertech Max Energy Programmer

Senior Member Getting Dirty Ross's Avatar

Sadly, it's time to trade in the XK

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Although its a time for celebration, I have a bit of bad news. Over the years, my Commander has had intermittent starting problems, leaving me stranded on multiple occasions. Because I had a warranty, I was able to get it "fixed" many times. First they fixed it by replacing the battery, 6 months later it happens again. So the dealership "diagnosed" the XK for a week, just to come up with a 100$ computer flash, fixing it for all of 1 day. By the time it gets back to the dealership, it starts right up and they couldn't replicate it, sending me on my way. Fast forward a few months and it happens again, but the dealership won't look at it for 6 days and will still charge 150$ just to look at it. So I took it to my buddy's mechanic and they had to replace a few front modules. This was a 1300$ fix, but the warranty kept me from losing my a**. Now around 8 months later, its happening again, while staying inconsistent enough to diagnose. Coming up on 60,000mi and needing 285's in the coming months, I had to decide whether to trade in now, or try and run it to 100,00mi+. I really love the XK, as it was my first vehicle, and got me out wrenching and upgrading like a shade-tree mechanic. The main issue, is I was unaware of the different 4wheel drive systems when it was purchased. Over the years I have realized that the QT-I system is great for "gun it and run it" mudding, but just can't keep up when the group starts crawling on some rocks. I had always intended to do a T-case swap, but with the intermittent electrical gremlins, I'm not too keen on dumping anymore money into it. This forum has been a great resource for parts, info, and a few good laughs, ever since the xk-forum days, it really gave me the confidence to dive in and start wrenchin'. I'll be sure to hang around the forums, and keep my garage updated with my next rig. I plan on parting out a lot, sadly, I had finally got everything together to swap to 3.73's, so hopefully another v6 can take advantage of this. I'll be starting a for sale thread soon, but I have also updated my first post in this thread with what's for sale as of now. I'm not sure as to what vehicle I'll be swapping for, but I'm leaning toward a smaller type 4x4 truck, like a Toyota Tacoma or Nissan Frontier.
    Last edited by Ross; 12-25-2014 at 06:08 AM.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    I'd go with the Tacoma over the Frontier. Definitely nice little trucks!

Member Looking for Dirt XKLover's Avatar
    Although I wouldn't buy a foreign vehicle I've heard nothing good about the Nissan.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    If you plan on off roading get the Tacoma. The aftermarket support for it is their and Toyota's are pretty darn reliable.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information