Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ross' XK Garage

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    I say Taco as well.

As for the not starting, sounds like a flat spot on the starter to me. I had the same problem no one could duplicate; one grease monkey at an oil change place told me I needed a battery (I didn't believe him). I just happened to be parked at the store nextdoor when it wouldn't start, I would never take a vehicle to one of those places!

Anywho, I replaced the starter in my driveway that night and never had a problem with that since. Now, the ignition switch failure is another story. When is that recall finally going to come through?!?

Senior Member Getting Dirty Ross's Avatar

Finally have 4-low

I was unable to access the site recently since the hack. Anywho, I traded in the XK on New Years Eve for a 2015 Lava Red Nissan Frontier Pro-4x. The Pro-4x has an upgraded 8.8"12 bolt rear axle (modified Dana 44) w/ electronic locker, 4.0L V6, and most importantly 4-low. Although the Frontier is better spec than my QT-1 XK, it was a bittersweet buy for a day or two. I really learned a lot wrenchin on the XK and had come to really dig it, hopefully I'll find my way back in one down the road some day.

I checked out the new Colorado and although it was nice, it seemed to be breaking already. The windows didn't want to roll up past half way and eventually the rubber molding around the glass just started pulling up when the window finally decided to roll up all the way. I also checked out the Tacomas, but they were quite a bit more for a 4x4 than the Nissans, and the tacos still come with rear drum brakes. I was also apprehensive because I have back problems when sitting for long periods and I saw many forum posts about the Tacos having uncomfortable seats over extended periods.

All in all, I'm happy with the Frontier, as there's a solid aftermarket and offroad following. Better yet, the Nissan Titan UCA's and LCA's are a direct bolt on to increase track width 3" on each side and greatly increase travel. All else that's needed is either extended axles for the stock diff, or a stronger, Titan diff.; which is a direct bolt in as well and allows usage of inexpensive OEM cv's.

I'll be sure to keep y'all updated, as I'm about to throw on an inexpensive 2.5" front/2" rear lift just to get a bit of height until I start diving into upgraded leaf packs/springs to hold up some steel bumpers.

Hope y'all are havin a good new year, best wishes.

-Ross
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	94.5 KB 
ID:	2470  

Click image for larger version. 

Views:	211 
Size:	93.0 KB 
ID:	2471  

Click image for larger version. 

Views:	170 
Size:	87.2 KB 
ID:	2474  

Last edited by Ross; 01-26-2015 at 10:52 PM.
    2008 3.7L QT-1 dark blue Jeep Commander // 3+" modified OME lift with 3/8" Rocky Road strut spacer // 4" rear SL springs // 265/70/17 Goodyear Duratracs (Load E) // 1.5" spidertraxx spacers // F-150 Monroe Load Levelers // 4xguard matrix, front guard, belly guard, and rock sliders // 130 watt KC Daylighters - 2 // Airflow snorkel // Thrush welded exhaust // Defender Roof Rack with side ladder // Hypertech Max Energy Programmer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information