Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Buckeye onboard

Senior Member Getting Dirty Ross's Avatar
    The keystone is cheaper than the matrix, with all the same possible add-ons such as receiver, hoop, etc. Although the addons do not yet have a set price, the keystone is listed at $300 and would look to be equivalent to the matrix basic setup that goes for $330.
    2008 3.7L QT-1 dark blue Jeep Commander // 3+" modified OME lift with 3/8" Rocky Road strut spacer // 4" rear SL springs // 265/70/17 Goodyear Duratracs (Load E) // 1.5" spidertraxx spacers // F-150 Monroe Load Levelers // 4xguard matrix, front guard, belly guard, and rock sliders // 130 watt KC Daylighters - 2 // Airflow snorkel // Thrush welded exhaust // Defender Roof Rack with side ladder // Hypertech Max Energy Programmer

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Core XK's Avatar
    Yeah a basic is fine for $330 but no better then my cosmetic brush guard. To really get a functional one your looking at much more it seems?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

My Garage: http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...re-XK-s-Garage

Senior Member Getting Dirty Ross's Avatar
    Not sure as to the strength of yours, but most cosmetic guards I've seen tend to break upon the first few impacts, especially the "Bull-bar" style I see on alot of street queens around Houston. Whereas the Keystone and Matrix are probably rated to take much more force. I admit that I accidentally rear ended an old Toyota truck a few years back and had to replace his entire OEM metal bumper. Lucky for me, not even the paint on the matrix was scratched!
    2008 3.7L QT-1 dark blue Jeep Commander // 3+" modified OME lift with 3/8" Rocky Road strut spacer // 4" rear SL springs // 265/70/17 Goodyear Duratracs (Load E) // 1.5" spidertraxx spacers // F-150 Monroe Load Levelers // 4xguard matrix, front guard, belly guard, and rock sliders // 130 watt KC Daylighters - 2 // Airflow snorkel // Thrush welded exhaust // Defender Roof Rack with side ladder // Hypertech Max Energy Programmer

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Core XK's Avatar
    Well every accident is different so it could really depend on where you hit. Oh no I l know my cosmetic guard will crumble but I didnt buy it for anything but looks until I can afford a steel bumper. I just think the matrix is high priced for what you get.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

My Garage: http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...re-XK-s-Garage

Senior Member Getting Dirty The_War_Wagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Core XK View Post
    Matrix is nice but before I spend $600 on that id much rather save $1k for a steal front bumper. Steal front bumper will probably be the first mod I do once the XK is paid off.
    I'm with ya' there. That's why I'm playing wioth the Ramcharger now - until the Jeep is paid off!
    '07 Jeep Commander, Rocky Mountain Edition - 287 V-8 - Superchipped - aFe Stage II R-5A CAI - Flowmaster Super 44 - 2" Daystar lift - Spidertrax spacers - 32x10.5x17 Cooper A/T's - Fastman throttlebody - Skyjacker 8000 shocks

Nice looking ride. It's amazing how the 265/70's look bigger on the lighter colored XK's. I'm running the same size with the RC lift and they look smaller on my black XK.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information