Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DTC codes, vehicle running rough

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    I did some research for you about tunes and gas etc... This is common for people who use low grade gas or not high enough octane for the tune. Not saying thats what you did but these symptoms are.. What gas station are you using? Are you sure the tune was for the 91 tune? It was only a short period of time but I ran the diablo intune 91 tune and had no issues and when i checked my plugs they were damn near perfect. I only ran Sunoco or Mobil and beat the piss out of the HEMI to be honest..
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Senior Member Getting Dirty criket's Avatar
    Yea it could be just bad gas. (Insert immature snicker here)

I put some bad gas in my Toyota truck I had one time. It had a lot of water in the gas. Truck would sputter real bad. Some old timers said to run a bottle of rubbing alcohol through my tank along with the bad gas. The rubbing alcohol would help dry up the water in the gas. I did it and it actually helped it run better, no spitting and sputtering.
    SOLD - 2005 | WK | Khaki | 3.7 | QT1 | OME HD Front Struts | Rusty's 2" lift in Rear w/ Monroe load levelers (F150 version) | 265/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers | 17" Moabs | 1.5" wheel spacers | Pinch weld mod | Rear fender trim mod | 4xG Matrix w/ reciever hitch | 4xG Belly guard | SOLID Diff cover | Cobra CB radio | 4xG CB radio antenna mount

Member Looking for Dirt
    It's a possibility of being bad gas. I try to stay away of the cheaper stations like elcheapo and enmark. Mostly chevron, BP and shell are the stations I goto in my area. But anyways I simply stated I wasn't really sure of what could have been the cause, the only thing that came to mind was the tune. Whether or not that was the cause it just bugs me that I had a problem. On a side note, I was poking around under neath the jeep while the wife was giving it some gas and noticed I do have a bad exhaust manifold leak on the drivers side. So tonight I decided to tackle taking everything apart and getting it prepped for a new gasket and hardware. Well, 3 of the bolts that secure the manifold on plus help secure the heat shield in place are broken off in the head. Again I appreciate all help.
    2006 Jeep Commander Limited, 4.7L, QDII, 4" Superlift Supension Lift, Procomp Xtreme Mud Terrain Tires 285 70R17, Mickey Thompson Classic ii Wheels 17X9, AEM Brute Force CAI, Superchip flashpaque, 4XGuard belly guard, 4XGuard Front Guard, Rear Grab handles and Defender Roof Rack.

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    I had the same issue. I welded a nut on the ends of the snapped off studs after removing the manifold and then used a socket to get the studs out. Easy fix if you have access to a welder. If not try to use vice grips or an easy out drill bit
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Lt_JWS's Avatar
    Make sure to have the manifold checked, or you'll most likely be doing the job over in six months like I did
    2006 XK 4.7V8 | Quadra-Drive II |2 1/2" Lift | K&N Filter| Port and Polished Throttle Body| Magnaflow# 12256 | Leather, heated seats, Command View| Factory Tow hooks | Full factory skids | Rear D-Ring Shackle |1.25" front/1" rear spacers | JK Wheels | 245/75R17 Nitto TG

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Yeah mine was warped, replaced the manifold while I was at it!
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information