Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Starter electrical connection

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Turboz31 View Post
    Where can the connectors be bought from by themselves? I saw that some people have replaced the entire harness, but i'd rather not do that unless I really have to.

JF
    I purchased the harness from the dealer, cut it a few inches from the connector and spliced it into the exhisting harness.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Junior Member Looking for Dirt Turboz31's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    I purchased the harness from the dealer, cut it a few inches from the connector and spliced it into the exhisting harness.
    Ok, that makes sense. Thanks for the info.

JF

Just an update on my wire harness issue. I purchased the entire harness from the dealership and installed it over the weekend. Seems like the best method is to drop the front driveshaft like 07JeepXK suggested, I don't think that it can be done with the front driveshaft in place. The connections in the engine bay were a piece of cake, I removed the battery to have more room to work. So far the Jeep fires up every time, with no issues. Even with the front driveshaft out of the way, it's still very difficult to access the starter connections, definitely not a job for someone with a short fuse. Here are some pictures from the job. Thank you for the advise guys!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1483.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	94.5 KB 
ID:	2256Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1492.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	2257Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1493.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	2258

JF

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty mrnavy2's Avatar
    Good to know cause mine cost me to have the dealer do it for me of 300.00 and that was the discount price. Thanks for the heads up.
    A Veteran, whether Active Duty, Retired, National Guard, of Reserves, is someone who, at one point in their lives, wrote a check payable to "The United States of America" for a amount of
    "up to and including my Life". That is Honor, and there are way to many people in the country who no longer understand it.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty mrnavy2's Avatar
    Would have been cool if u even made a DIY Video on it.
    A Veteran, whether Active Duty, Retired, National Guard, of Reserves, is someone who, at one point in their lives, wrote a check payable to "The United States of America" for a amount of
    "up to and including my Life". That is Honor, and there are way to many people in the country who no longer understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by mrnavy2 View Post
    Would have been cool if u even made a DIY Video on it.
    I thought about doing something like that but it wasn't a very smooth process, I wasn't even confident that I would be able to get it done. You would have seen me cursing at the electrical connector on the starter for about half the video. The most tricky part for me was removing that connector. In the end, it was a long bent nose plier that was the tool for the job, similar to the one in the picture below, but with longer handles.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bent-nose-pliers-1024x576.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	73.8 KB 
ID:	2259

JF

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information