Thread: Well, that's it for me...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member Getting Dirty Adondo's Avatar
    It's not like I haven't enjoyed the crap out of the XK, but let's face it, 8 years in the world of electronics and vehicles puts the XK into the Jurassic age.

5 years and 3 months ago when I test drove the Unlimited(s) (tried two of 'em) there were three main deal killers:

A) That 3.8L engine. Crappy mileage AND gutless. 0 to 60 was just under 14 seconds for crying out loud. I could (maybe) live with that if it got 25 MPG.
    B) The intrusive dashboard. Maybe for a normal human, but I'm the same size as William The Refrigerator Perry. Knee cram was an understatement.
    C) A subsonic "whoomping" at freeway speeds. I don't know if it was flexing of the hardtop or what, but that always seems to come up in 2010 and before Unlimited reviews.

There's something to be said about a 73:1 crawl ratio. That's 0.5 MPH in 1st! I thought the almost 3:1 X-fer case in the XK was low.
    Last edited by Adondo; 02-28-2014 at 02:53 PM.
    2006, 4.7L, QTII, Toyo Wild Country M/T 265/70R17 tires, Ultrasport 175 wheels, Rocky Road 2.25'' lift kit, HID off-road lighting, Surco 50x60 roof rack, Foxwing awning, Superchips performance programming.

Thread Information