I'm hoping to get this done when the weather warms up, trying to do it on the cheap so I want to reuse what I can.

Currently
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0451.jpg 
Views:	262 
Size:	97.2 KB 
ID:	2260

Name:	IMAG0452.jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	2261

My thought

Name:	swingout.jpg 
Views:	276 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	2262

Cut off the "hinges" that he made, which are basically DOM tubing with bushings and a bolt through them. Reuse on on the passanger side as the hinge (this might not swing easily, but I'm not too concerned as long as it does actually move)
and then use the other one as the locking mechanism, which I think will only need the bracket, and drilling the holes larger if needed to accept a hitch pin to keep it closed. The swing out bottom will be single piece of square tubing that I cut notches in to be able to bend it to match the contours of the bumper and reweld. Reweld the tire carrier to the swing away bar.

Concerns and where I need some input/thoughts..
1. The bushing hinge think it will work? Or with all that weight on it will I not be able to swing it open? They work fine currently in and up and down motion but there is no lateral forces on them to bind them up.
2. The hitch I need to be able to use it still since it's my only vehicle with a hitch, and it's just nice to have anyways.. If I just notch/bend and reweld to go up and around do you think it will be strong enough?