Thread: JKS Quick-disconnect's

Junior Member Looking for Dirt

JKS Quick-disconnect's

I just installed a set of JKS Quick-Disconnect's that I picked up from Rusty's and can NOT get these damn things not to clunk. They're greased well, I've mounted them perfectly even as well as tried pre-loading one side. Still, no change. I disconnected both sides to make sure it was in fact the disconnect's and everything was just as quiet as before. Potholes and uneven hits cause a thud that I'd love to get rid of.

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrakillerta View Post
    I just installed a set of JKS Quick-Disconnect's that I picked up from Rusty's and can NOT get these damn things not to clunk. They're greased well, I've mounted them perfectly even as well as tried pre-loading one side. Still, no change. I disconnected both sides to make sure it was in fact the disconnect's and everything was just as quiet as before. Potholes and uneven hits cause a thud that I'd love to get rid of.
    Are these on the front or rear? Did you have to drill out the upper sleeve so the bolt will fit? I had rear JKS quick disconnects made for a lifted TJ wrangler and the sleeve needed to be drilled. If so maybe you drilled it out to big. What's the part number on these
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Junior Member Looking for Dirt
    Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    Are these on the front or rear? Did you have to drill out the upper sleeve so the bolt will fit? I had rear JKS quick disconnects made for a lifted TJ wrangler and the sleeve needed to be drilled. If so maybe you drilled it out to big. What's the part number on these
    Sorry, I should have clarified. These are the JKS 2034 and they are installed in the front of my WK, no drilling or modding required.

Oh ok I had JKS 2001 and they were installed in the rear. I had no clunking with them and ran them for about 5 years. I just took them off on Tuesday because I removed my rear sway bar
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Senior Member Getting Dirty thance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    Oh ok I had JKS 2001 and they were installed in the rear. I had no clunking with them and ran them for about 5 years. I just took them off on Tuesday because I removed my rear sway bar
    What are your plans for the 2001's? I may be able to provide a good home for them if you are planning on letting them go.
    2010 5.7 QTII - OME HD w/ 3/8" spacers up front and F150 MLL in rear, JBA UCA 6.7, JKS 2034 Front Quick Disconnects, Gas Tank Skid Mod, PinchWeld Mod, 1.5" SpiderTrax, General Grabber AT 265/70/17, Custom Front Receiver / Plow Mount, Custom Tow Rings F/R, Diablo Intune.

Quote Originally Posted by thance View Post
    What are your plans for the 2001's? I may be able to provide a good home for them if you are planning on letting them go.
    Well I don't plan on ever reinstalling them as I took off the rear sway bar and don't plan on every putting it back on. They are approx 5 years old and I'm sure they have seen better days. Not sure if the bushings are good anymore and they are sort of rusted from the salt used on the roads here during winter. They can definitely be cleaned up and painted. I wonder if they sell replacement bushings for cheap
    Last edited by 07JeepXK; 04-08-2014 at 05:40 PM.

Senior Member Getting Dirty thance's Avatar
    Looks like the Spherical Bushings are 3.50 a piece.

http://jksmfg.com/i-10079381-spherical-bushing.html

If you are willing to part with them I would be more than willing to clean them up and give them a new home.
    2010 5.7 QTII - OME HD w/ 3/8" spacers up front and F150 MLL in rear, JBA UCA 6.7, JKS 2034 Front Quick Disconnects, Gas Tank Skid Mod, PinchWeld Mod, 1.5" SpiderTrax, General Grabber AT 265/70/17, Custom Front Receiver / Plow Mount, Custom Tow Rings F/R, Diablo Intune.

Thread Information