Thread: OEM+ tire choice

Senior Member Getting Dirty

OEM+ tire choice

so here i am in the midst of my OEM+ build and im at the tire phase of the build and im wondering if i am taking this whole concept alittle too far. im going to be running a set of XK coils front and rear with a JBA spacer in the front to level it out, and maybe matts spacer in the rear to give it a small rake, along with the bilstein HDs. so im on the fence with tire size 245/75s or 265/70s. id love the width of the 70s to have a decent stance, and im thinking of running a 1" spacer up front to help with clearance for the 10.5" width. so we shall see on that.

but im stuck on tire choice, being that its OEM+ im trying to stick with brands i know jeep builds their vehicles with and have used on their vehicles. so im looking at:

- firestone destionation ATs (stock on cherokee trailhawks)
    - bfgoodrich rugged terrains (i know they use BFGs on rubis, but MTs just dont make sense on my DD)
    - bridgestone dueler ATs (stock on JK saharas

any other suggestions or am i taking this just a bit too far? id run the michelins but im not a michelin fan.

i was considering cooper at3s cause its a nice tire or falkens, but this is... OEM+ HAHAHA
    2007.5 WK Laredo
    - OEM+ -

Senior Member Getting Dirty jjt250's Avatar
    Haha I think you're taking it a little too far with the tire choices! I would recommend the cooper at3s. I recommended them to a buddy in the same tire size as me and he loves them.
    John
    2007 Grand Cherokee Limited | QDII | 3.0L Diesel | S4xC Shackles Mounts | Goodyear Duratracs
    Bilstein HD Front/Rear | Rusty's 1/2" Strut Spacer | Hemi XK Front/Rear Coils | HID Projectors

Thread Information