Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Need help putting 285/70/17 on xk with ome hd

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by norwaywj View Post
    07jeepXK, how did you connect the hoses? The hoses is one very short , about 10" and the other is a bit longer. Do you disconnect the two hoses in the engine compartment and connect one of the new ones between the two outlet/inlet and do similar in the back ?
    I took out both hoses in the engine compartment that connected from the water pump to the heater core and back to the rear heater and threw them away. Then installed the two new hoses directly from heater core to the water pump. Sounds like you got the wrong parts? Both hoses were similar in length
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Member Looking for Dirt
    Looked at this at night time, will look again today in the sun, I might have been a bit tired last night Seems like the hoses under the vehicle is hidden under a heatshield etc. Did you just rip them out ??
    Thanks for all the replys !!

Member Looking for Dirt
    Checked again. I did get the parts I ordered. One is long and one is short. The part number is printed to the hose so it should be ok. It will be very hard to get the short one in. How did you access the waterpump ? It extremely difficult to get to. Did you disassembel other parts ?

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Did you take the intake tube off?

Member Looking for Dirt
    not yet, might try that

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    It's wide open in there once that giant piece of plastic is out of the way

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by norwaywj View Post
    Checked again. I did get the parts I ordered. One is long and one is short. The part number is printed to the hose so it should be ok. It will be very hard to get the short one in. How did you access the waterpump ? It extremely difficult to get to. Did you disassembel other parts ?
    On my 4.7 liter the water pump is easy to get to. All I took off was the intake tube from the air box that goes to the throttle body. As far as all the old lines, I just ripped them all out/cut them out as they were going into the garbage. The lines under the jeep all all out except for where the go up by the transmission under that heat shield. I just cut on both sides of the heat shield and left them up there. Won't hurt anything and they aren't going anywhere.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Member Looking for Dirt
    07JeepXK: im doing a lot of work one the jeep this week, but im also considdering doing the ac delete. How did you do that ? Did you order parts or just "blind" of the rear part ?

Member Looking for Dirt
    My Google fu and part catalog lookups point to parts 55116718AG and 55116909AD for an rear AC delete. 07JEEPXK did you need more parts or just these two ?

Member Looking for Dirt
    Hmm, fail at deleting rear heat. One of the parts must be wrong or there must be different mounts on the engine With or without rear heat. The hose doesnt fit

Anybody done a heat delete with the hemi ??

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread Information