Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Need help putting 285/70/17 on xk with ome hd

Member Looking for Dirt

Need help putting 285/70/17 on xk with ome hd

Hello, I have an hemi 06 xk. I have ome hd lift installed. Gained nearly 3" in the front and nearly 2" in the rear. I have aev wk pintlers I will be using. The tires are street tires and not ATs or MTs. Pinchweld is getting done. The next problem seems to be the ac lines, any other mods to them other than deleting them ? Think i have heard about relocating them. Would the tires fit with just the pw mod ?

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    They wont fit with just the pinch weld mod. I plan on eventually relocating mine rather than deleting them, but theres other mods I want to do first so I havent put much effort into that yet.

Member Looking for Dirt
    Anybody know how to relocate them ?? Would I also need new uca's ? If so is the jba or rr the best choice ?

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by norwaywj View Post
    Anybody know how to relocate them ?? Would I also need new uca's ? If so is the jba or rr the best choice ?
    Best choice JBA hands down
    Last edited by 07JeepXK; 04-18-2014 at 05:10 PM.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Member Looking for Dirt
    Thanks. I will look tomorrow, but is it the heat lines that is outwards ? They seem easier to delete than the ac. Maybe deleting just these and cutting the corner of the bracket would be enough... Im going to put on my 255/75/17 mt's. They are just a little smaller than the 285s and measure how much cutting I need. Did get the rear guard on today so atleast something got done

It's the coolant lines that are outboard. I'm thinking re-routing them is the easiest and the A/C lines are probably alright where they are.

FWIW, I would NOT recommend the RRO arms. Their production is not consistent and theres a good chance you'll get arms made incorrectly that causes the bushings to separate. They also use jeep liberty bushings which are smaller/weaker than XK bushings.... not exactly an "upgrade" IMO. The JBA arms were also recently redesigned/optimized. They're worth the few extra bucks.

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by norwaywj View Post
    Thanks. I will look tomorrow, but is it the heat lines that is outwards ? They seem easier to delete than the ac. Maybe deleting just these and cutting the corner of the bracket would be enough... Im going to put on my 255/75/17 mt's. They are just a little smaller than the 285s and measure how much cutting I need. Did get the rear guard on today so atleast something got done
    Believe it or not a 285/70 is quite a jump from 255/75's. It's not just the height of the tire, but also the width that causes rubbing
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Core XK's Avatar
    I may go 275/70/17 to avoid removing hvac lines or trimming. With kids coming in a year or two I may need the AC/Heat.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

My Garage: http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...re-XK-s-Garage

Member Looking for Dirt
    That is an god option Core. Think I have seen a youtube vid of an xk with 2" lift and 275/70/17 and it looked good. Looks like the jba uca's is the way to go. I do however like the looks of the new uca's from american motorsports, I hopefully they fit an lifted xk also:

Http://american-motorsports.net/?pag...suspensionId=6

Stay away from the AM arms. They were designed around a WK running a double-stacked lift and will not work for a properly lifted xk/wk. The arms push the knuckle out further which is the opposite of what we need to get our camber within spec when running 2-3" lift

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information