Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Need help putting 285/70/17 on xk with ome hd

Member Looking for Dirt
    Matt, i read this in your pinch weld faq. What do you mean with plastic hvac line guide ?

2) Cut away as much from the plastic HVAC line guide as possible. It sticks out further than it needs to and you'll gain almost 1/2" more clearance.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Trim the part circled in red. It'll allow you to pull the fender liner back further for more clearance.

Member Looking for Dirt
    Thanks, thought that was steel.

Member Looking for Dirt
    Did the mod today. Drivers side went great, not as good on the passenger side. The self tapping screw was easy on the drivers side. On the passenger side there seems to be a new wall 1/4" behind the first. Have you also drilled into this ?

Member Looking for Dirt
    Anybody know if its ok to drill into the second layer on the passenger side ? Would really like to get a self tapping screw there to gain som clearance.

I'm also considdering the superchips flashpaq to turn of the tpms. Has anybody tried to remove the sensors ? is it ok if they are first turned off ?

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Are you sure you're hitting a 2nd layer or did you drill through the bent over pinch weld. Either way you're good to go.

I turned off my tpms with superchips. Its easy. Then throw in whatever stems you want

Member Looking for Dirt
    I drilled in the middle between the pw and ac lines When the liner was out. I think I will just drill through the liner this time, hopefully not damaging anything. I guess I will buy a sc and turn the tpms of and remove the sensors.

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    I removed my sensors too and used the flashpaq to disable the tpms
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Member Looking for Dirt
    Thanks for alle thelp. I test fitted a 285 today and it did pretty good. I would prefer to "delete" the two outer lines. Matt mentioned these are coolant lines. Can they be cut and connected together ? Or can I put some kind of blind plug in them ? Would I have to refill the ac ? Thanks for all the help. Not much help on the other forums when it comes to the big wheels and small lifts

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    The two coolant hoses to do the heat delete aren't that expensive from the dealer. I actually have an extra of one of the two hoses as the dealer accidently ordered two of the same part number at first.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information