Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Need help putting 285/70/17 on xk with ome hd

Member Looking for Dirt
    Thanks, can they just be cut and connected togwther ? If not, do you have a part # ?

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by norwaywj View Post
    Thanks, can they just be cut and connected togwther ? If not, do you have a part # ?
    I honestly wouldn't. Just get the hoses. I'll get you the part numbers for you tomorrow after work
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Member Looking for Dirt
    Thanks !
    Was the heating hoses easy to replace ? I guess I dont have to refill AC or other stuff if just the two heating hoses are "deleted" ?

Quote Originally Posted by norwaywj View Post
    Thanks !
    Was the heating hoses easy to replace ? I guess I dont have to refill AC or other stuff if just the two heating hoses are "deleted" ?
    The heating hoses are really easy. 10-15 min job if that's all your doing. Then refill coolant for what you lost during the sway and get air pockets out of the system
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Member Looking for Dirt
    Thanks, looking forward to ordering them.
    Is it just a "blind" U-turn hose for the front and one for the back of the car ?

Member Looking for Dirt
    Did you find the part #'s ?

Im also looking at some winter tires that a jk guy is selling. The rims are DOTZ Hammada Dark 17x8 et35 and tire is 265/70r17 Cooper Discoverer. Do you think this would work on the commander or would it touch the caliper ? Would they sit far out ?

The one coolant hose part number is 68000967AA I'll have to find the other part number as I didn't see the number on the hose. This part number was from the other hose I had extra because they accidently ordered two of the same at first

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    According to the parts manual I have, the two hoses for the 5.7L are
    68000978AA
    68000979AA

For the 3.7 and 4.7 you'd only need p/n 55037965AB

This is all according to the 2008 manual. These parts may have been superseded or changed....id throw them in an online parts search and see if they're listed for your specific year/model.

Member Looking for Dirt
    Thanks, will look them up. I have an 2006 5,7hemi xk.

What engine does he have? I have the 4.7 liter and that part number I posted was one of the two heater hoses.

How is it that your saying the 3.7 liter and 4.7 liter only need one part number and it's totally different than one of the numbers I ordered for my jeep? He just wants the heat delete hoses

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information