Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Need help putting 285/70/17 on xk with ome hd

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Only one way to find out. I had to do a lot more work than what you have done so far to fit my old 285/70's however they were MT's not AT's.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Member Looking for Dirt
    What other mods did you do ? I guess rear ac delete and 0,25" spacer on the ome lift and bumper cutting ?

Quote Originally Posted by norwaywj View Post
    What other mods did you do ? I guess rear ac delete and 0,25" spacer on the ome lift and bumper cutting ?
    I did the rear heat and ac delete, cut the front bumper and an inch all the way around the front fender flare and completely cut out the entire pinch weld area. The 1/4 wheel spacers up front are just for the wheels to clear the brake caliper bracket. They wouldn't fit without the spacers
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Member Looking for Dirt
    My Mander with 285's I will be using these this summer, but next time I buy tires I might look into 275/70/17 for summer tires and 265/70/17 for winter tires.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	285s.jpg 
Views:	296 
Size:	90.0 KB 
ID:	2322

Looks like a tight fit. Any rub?

Senior Member Getting Dirty lekmedm's Avatar
    Nice! Where did you find the AEV rims?
    2007 Commander Overland / 4" SuperLift / 285/70R17 Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx / Rusty's adjustable rear UCAs / Carolina Driveline front drive shaft / Flashpaq / DRLs & Tilting Mirrors / Autolite Iridiums / Cobra 29LX Chrome LE CB & Firestik antenna / Rear fog lights / Mopar Grille Guard with HID driving lights
    "4 wheel drive does not mean 4 wheel stop!" -Lee Goldberg, WABC TV weatherman

Member Looking for Dirt
    It doesnt seem to rubb other than against the frame at full lock. I havent mounted the passenger side liner yet

I bought the aev rims when they were available. Im now looking for a set for my winter wheels

Member Looking for Dirt
    Thanks to everyone in the thread for all the help. Think I also might do the rear AC delete now

Go for it. Mine has been deleted for a few eyes now and I have no trouble keeping the inside of the XK cool in the summer with just the front ac

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread Information