Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transfer case recall fix?

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar

Transfer case recall fix?

A female friend got the recall performed on her 4.7 liter XK and lost 4 low. She didn't know about the losing 4 low issue. Do they have a fix for this yet? Any help is greatly appreciated
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    No permanent fix yet. Have her call and complain directly to corporate.

Can try clearing the codes with a flashpaq but that seems to only work for a few weeks.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    "Female friend" hahahah Adam you old sailor you! hahaha
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Haha well it's more of a female acquaintance. She is in the local off road club and drives a lifted commander. She didn't know about the recall issue and went to use her 4 low and well you know how that turned out. Had to add the female part because it's awesome seeing a beautiful girl driving a lifted XK
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Core XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    Haha well it's more of a female acquaintance. She is in the local off road club and drives a lifted commander. She didn't know about the recall issue and went to use her 4 low and well you know how that turned out. Had to add the female part because it's awesome seeing a beautiful girl driving a lifted XK
    X2

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

My Garage: http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...re-XK-s-Garage

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    Hahaha you making the moves or what buddy?!?! hahaha Sucks about recall issue, why I dont trust no one!!!!!!!!
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Senior Member Getting Dirty lekmedm's Avatar
    I thought this was covered in JeepForum. I read that the computer is VERY picky about how it's flashed for this recall. There is something in the instructions about after flashing, the tech should clear codes 3 times. I read that most techs don't read the instructions, flash, and move on. Those who went back and had it reflashed had their problem solved.

I can't find it now, but there was also some funny post on FB about how someone solved their problem by driving a few feet, pulling a fuse, then driving back, replacing fuse, then engaging 4lo, or something like that. It figures I can't find it now. I would print out the N23 recall instructions and go back to the dealer.
    2007 Commander Overland / 4" SuperLift / 285/70R17 Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx / Rusty's adjustable rear UCAs / Carolina Driveline front drive shaft / Flashpaq / DRLs & Tilting Mirrors / Autolite Iridiums / Cobra 29LX Chrome LE CB & Firestik antenna / Rear fog lights / Mopar Grille Guard with HID driving lights
    "4 wheel drive does not mean 4 wheel stop!" -Lee Goldberg, WABC TV weatherman

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Mark, neither of those have proven to be a permanent fix. People that claimed they worked have resurfaced and said the issues came back weeks (and sometimes months) later.

Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    Had to add the female part because it's awesome seeing a beautiful girl driving a lifted XK
    If there's no pictures it didn't happen;

Quote Originally Posted by FLYCAV View Post
    If there's no pictures it didn't happen;
    Haha I'll see what I can do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information