Thread: rear swaybar issue- at a loss

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member Getting Dirty

rear swaybar issue- at a loss

so ive been fitting a knocking sound in the passenger rear of my WK. i have pinpointed it to the rear swaybar but im at a loss as to what the hell to do about it. heres what i have done so far, keep in mind im running a rear addco:

- originally ran the addco with stock links, swapped to bwoody links and was fine and dandy for awhile. then the bwoodys got noisy and i ditched them
    - ran the addco with omix-ada links and they were horrible. i could NOT torque them down enough to keep the in place and quiet, so i removed them and the knocking stopped
    - ziptied the swaybar to the LCAs and there was no knocking only a clanking sound when the swaybar hit the swaybar after braeking a ziptie
    - redid the whole rear suspension and found some OEM links for free and connected everything and torqued everything down as tight as i could, no problems. went as far as checking the shocks, and untightening and retorqueing the actual swaybar brackets)

which brings me to know- theyre knocking again. its like i cannot torque the body mounted bolt on the link enough. the bottom is torqued to as much as i can and its fine. but the top bolt either i cant tighten enough or i do tighten it as much as i can and a mile or so down the road and a turn or two later its knocking when i hit a bump/make a turn/etc.

im at the point where i want to ditch the whole swaybar, but she rides and handles so great with it connected. ive even contemplated grabbing a SRT one and selling the addco thinking its the issue.

thoughts? solutions? im calling bwoody today and see how much just a set of rear links will be. somethings got to give
    Last edited by paroxysym; 05-20-2014 at 01:31 PM.
    2007.5 WK Laredo
    - OEM+ -

Thread Information