Thread: AEV Commander!

AEV Commander! *** SOLD ***

The Commander has been sold. Thanks everyone for looking.

Well folks, I hate to do it but I'm going to put this beautiful Commander up for sale. I bought this rig with the intentions of doing a solid axle swap in the front but I really hate to cut this rig up. It works the way it is. I used to own a JKU (first Rubicon in Ca. 08/2006) and I've got the itch to get another one. The JKU will suit my wheeling style better than this luxury vehicle so instead of tearing it up, I'm selling it.

Things done by AEV:
    The obvious: Superlift 4" lift with big big fender flares to clear the 39.5" Super Swamper Iroks. To do this, AEV moved the rear axle back 5". If they didn't, the rear doors would have to be cut. Lol! Along with this are modified SL rear control arms (5" longer), sheet metal removal etc to make it all work. For the front, they did a lot of sheet metal removal to clear those tires. The fab work alone would cost a small fortune. They did repaint it afterwards. Speaking of paint, the lower dark grey body color isn't stock. ;-)
    The (4) wheels are Hutchinson beadlocks that cost over $400 each. I'd like to keep them but they do go with the Jeep. There are 4 wheels, 5 tires.
    There is an aftermarket Airaid intake filter and an aftermarket CAT back exhaust, probably custom made. An AEV EGR module is installed and working correctly.
    They added IPF lights on the front bumper and yes, they work.
    There is a Warn winch hidden behind the front bumper. I can't recall the model number but it's at least a 9000 lb winch. Maybe 9500 lb.

Things I've done:
    Replaced front struts with Monroe Quick Struts plus added extra spacers for more lift.
    Replaced rear shocks with Bilstein 5165's with remote reservoir.
    Replaced Fuel pump assembly
    Replaced all lower CA bushings.
    Built custom Rockers from 3/16 steel plate and 2" reciever hitch tubing. Strong! They were custom powder coated to match lower paint color. ($1000 cost)
    Built an air compressor system with second battery. ($500 or more in parts, less compressor, 2 weeks of off/on labor). This setup goes where the spare tire used to live. Now, I was given the compressor as a gift so I'll keep it but anyone that buys the same compressor (ARB CKMTA12) can bolt it right up in a matter of a few minutes.
    What I will leave in place:
    1.75 gallon air tank, gauge, and universal quick disconnect.
    Deka battery with 80 amp fuse, Anderson quick disconnect plugs etc. There is a solenoid under the hood that connects the rear battery when the engine is started to allow the rear battery to be charged. All of this is built onto an aluminum/steel plate assy that after removing 2 bolts, cranks down on a hinge with the spare tire crank assembly. The plate, compressor system, rear battery can be removed in 5 minutes or less.
    I installed a HAM radio mount and a cell phone mount. I'll leave both metal brackets in place (Commander specific) but the HAM and cell phone stay with me. :-)
    I've spent over $800 on repairing and modifying the REAR AC and Heater lines. Too much road salt killed the aluminum lines behind the PS front tire so I had a local AC shop cut and repair all 4 lines. (Long story)
    Other small things we did was to re-route wires, clean up the wheel wells so tires don't hit stuff etc.

Everything seems to work as it should. The "Service 4WD System" light is on but low range DOES work. N23 recall has never been performed.
    I think AEV might have disabled the TPMS because I never get any notifications when airing down the tires. (that's a good thing IMO)
    There might be other things I've forgotten and if so, I'll add them later.

Did I forget the specifics? Well here we go. It's a 2006 model with 5.7 Hemi, QDII, Brown Saddle leather seats, rear AC and Heat, Navigation (no back up camera, too early) and just about everything you can possibly get when this rig was manufactured. Oh, and currently 4,028 miles (<-- yes, that's correct).

It's an absolute blast to drive. It rides great, handles great, wheels great and is just plain cool to drive. Asking $35,000 OBO. I'll toss out some pics but if there's something specific you want to see, just ask. Got a 2012-2014 JKU Rubi to trade? :-)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Commander (1).jpg 
Views:	1906 
Size:	75.8 KB 
ID:	2287  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Commander (2).jpg 
Views:	3216 
Size:	76.6 KB 
ID:	2288  

Name:	Commander (3).jpg 
Views:	2297 
Size:	88.1 KB 
ID:	2289  

Name:	Commander (4).jpg 
Views:	627 
Size:	90.6 KB 
ID:	2290  

Name:	Commander (5).jpg 
Views:	543 
Size:	74.2 KB 
ID:	2291  

Last edited by bkilby; 06-15-2014 at 12:40 PM.

Thread Information