Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transfer case shift motor

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar

Transfer case shift motor

Does anyone know where I can purchase a new transfer case shift motor for a 4.7 liter XK other than the dealer? Having a hard time locating one and don't want to pay $410 from mopar
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    How fast do you need it? Rockauto had them last I looked... i ordered one but had to cancel it because my jeep was stuck in 4-low so I had to go to the dealer.

So you paid $410 plus for a dealer shift motor?

I can't find anything on rockauto
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

No, it was covered under my extended warranty so I just had to pay the $150 deductible.... but my local dealer sucks so bad id prefer to pay a bit extra on my own and not bring it to them under warranty.

damn.... wtf... no more aftermarket motors??? I can't find one anywhere now. And i swear even the dealer prices have gone up.

Bet it has something to do with the massive backorder from the N23 BS

Yeah this sucks. I only paid $450 for the transfer case a few years ago after I grenaded the original. They want over $500 from the dealer for just the shift motor but my parts guy said my price would be $410. That's crazy. Plus like you said it's probably back ordered

Might be worth calling Rockauto. The motor I ordered from them was RETECH part number UMM1245. $143+$35 core.

Yeah I was looking at that part number but couldn't find it anywhere.

If you wake up tomorrow and missing your tcase shift motor you know where it is! Lol jk

Lol you're definitely NOT invited to the next wrench fest!!

Senior Member Getting Dirty thance's Avatar
    Is this something that could be adopted for manual cable operation with a little ingenuity?
    2010 5.7 QTII - OME HD w/ 3/8" spacers up front and F150 MLL in rear, JBA UCA 6.7, JKS 2034 Front Quick Disconnects, Gas Tank Skid Mod, PinchWeld Mod, 1.5" SpiderTrax, General Grabber AT 265/70/17, Custom Front Receiver / Plow Mount, Custom Tow Rings F/R, Diablo Intune.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information