Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RRO UCA's Reviews

Senior Member Getting Dirty BonesWK's Avatar

RRO UCA's Reviews

Hey Guys,

So my stock UCA's are beginning to show wear, originals @113k (70k of that lifted). I don't wheel all that often.

I want honest reviews about RRO UCA, FROM RRO UCA Owners, not JBA owners that claim theirs are better, unless you had RRO first.

Im lifted 2" and might go 4" at some point but not the foreseeable future.. so that is something to consider.

Thanks
    Ryan ---- 2006 WK 4.7 QDII <- Click for Garage
    2.25" RR Lift - Front Bilstiens - Rear OMEs - 32" Wildpeaks - Saguaro 4x Shackles - Tail Light Guards - AFE intake - Rola - Exhaust
    Twitter Facebook ---- Chive On
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Can't wait to see that big girl on those fat meats!

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Talk to Matt. He had RRO first and now has JBA. Says he doesn't recommend them to anyone!

I didn't have RRO's but still wouldn't recommend them to anyone since more people are starting to have issues with their bushings
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Core XK's Avatar
    I have RRO from Matt but they were hammydowns lol. I wouldnt pay for them but free RRO is better then OEM.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

My Garage: http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...re-XK-s-Garage

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Yeah man stay away from RRO, IMHO (in my humble opinion). The whole "bushing tolerance" issue is a copout. They can't manufacture the arms to the OEM specs. I laugh when people stay they had to use pry bars or hammers to install their RRO arms but "they're so great".

They're not a $350 product.

Here's a picture of the really crappy set i had with the "new" set the sent me (that Corey has now). The new set was better, but still not manufactured to the same width as OEM arms. The only reason I gave them to Corey is because he knows i'll take care of him if he has an issue with them.

And the "new" set compared to JBA (the JBA fit just like OEM arms). The "new" set took some finessing to get them on Corey's XK, but no where near as bad as that original set i had

Curious what their weld procedure is because it seems like some guys have this issue and others don't (exhibits A and B above that I had in my possession). Supposedly they now supply their arms with washers, so after you beat them in to place you add a washer to the exterior of the bushing if there's a gap so it doesn't separate...

Oh, and the RRO arms run really awesome "heavy duty" KJ bushings.... what an upgrade

I'm not a JBA fanboy by any means... but when it comes to UCA's, they're worth the extra $100 (that's the only JBA product on my vehicle). That's my $.02

People have been warned Matt. If they choose RRO because they don't want to pay the extra $100 for a way better product than they get what they pay for...period!
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Core XK's Avatar
    Well hopefully I dont have major issues. I dont wheel often enough so well see. My suspension and tires definitely got some work with potholes this past winter. Handled them like a champ.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

My Garage: http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...re-XK-s-Garage

Thank you Matt! That was exactly the feedback I was looking for. I tend to think JBA has over priced stuff IMO, but when it came to UCA's I wanted to make sure that extra 100$ is worth it.

Appreciate the feedback everyone!
    2.25" RR Lift - Front Bilstiens - Rear OMEs - 32" Wildpeaks - Saguaro 4x Shackles - Tail Light Guards - AFE intake - Rola - Exhaust

I agree 100% that JBA is over priced. The only product I have of theirs is the UCA's and wouldn't go with any other company for them because they are worth every penny. Good choice, you will love them.

Does 1st gen JBA work with 2 in lift wk?

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    There's been a few "gens"... which ones in particular are you looking at (link)?

Personally, I didn't get the JBA's until the most recent gen (6.7) because their previous arms were designed around their coilovers and would cause the knuckle to hit the strut on non-coilover lifts. Although if I had the previous arms I probably wouldn't be inclined to swap them out for the new version, that was enough to prevent me from spending almost $500 on a new set of arms. Unless you're getting a really good deal on the older version, i'd get the new ones.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information