Thread: Transmission Over Temp

Senior Member Getting Dirty BonesWK's Avatar

Transmission Over Temp

Anyone have or had this issue?

The message came on about 2 months ago, went away after a couple of seconds and drove fine. Today it came on on the way home, and after slowing down from Highway speed, and drive down my neighborhood street, I could tell it was shifting funny. After 2 minutes of driving at neighborhood speed the message went completely away. Did the key dance at home after shutting the jeep off, of course no code comes up.

Battery is less than 2 years old - not sure about the starter, probably never changed (114k). Other forums are saying its related to the starter or battery?

Anyone have a write up as to how to change the starter, or change the temp sensors? I would try that for sure to try to save time and money having someone diagnose a light that comes on intermittently.

I really don't need this issue now, since I KNOW my jeep will need some TLC soon since all front end parts are still original besides sway bar bushings. I even contemplated selling the thing... I cant put another tranny in this thing (already has a used one in it from 2010)
    Ryan ---- 2006 WK 4.7 QDII <- Click for Garage
    2.25" RR Lift - Front Bilstiens - Rear OMEs - 32" Wildpeaks - Saguaro 4x Shackles - Tail Light Guards - AFE intake - Rola - Exhaust
    Twitter Facebook ---- Chive On
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Can't wait to see that big girl on those fat meats!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Hows the fluid look??

Fluid is fine, no leaks no smell. Lots of posts online talk about sensors or even the starter?
    But after a quick search here brought up this thread - http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...-warning/page4

seems my 06 4.7 might have a recall for PCM... but I dont know how to find that out. Or is that the same recall as the n23 issue?
    2.25" RR Lift - Front Bilstiens - Rear OMEs - 32" Wildpeaks - Saguaro 4x Shackles - Tail Light Guards - AFE intake - Rola - Exhaust

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    I had it pop up on mine when I had it, also check your sensor harness
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Where is the sensor harness?

Seems that recall was only for XK's with 4.7... dumb since my WK is basically the same rig. I think I may look at PCMs online or at pick and pulls if the message persists. Its definitely electrical I think.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    I had the shop who installed the starter clean all connections and check for corrosion and I never had an issue after that.. I did sell it not but a month later soo and it was intermittent
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Thread Information