Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Share your wheel and tire set up and Pictures

Supporting Vendor Getting Dirty Discount Tire's Avatar

Share your wheel and tire set up and Pictures

I message on quite a few forums and it seems the forums that have the best information are the ones with the most details. So in order show off your wheel and tire set ups here please post a picture or two along with details about your set up. Please include both your wheel (Wheel brand and style name, wheel diameter, width and offset or backspace) and tire specs (brand, tread style and size), any suspension modifications or upgrades and most importantly, any modifications you had to do to get them to fit (fender liner trimming, bumper cutting, addition of spacers, etc.).

Happy posting.
    Low Prices! More Choices! FREE Shipping!
    At The Store: discounttire.com
    To Your Door: discounttiredirect.com

Sales and Technical: 1.888.459.4080

Found a Lower Delivered Price?

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    My current set up is a set of BF Goodrich Mud Terrain T/A's, L255/75/R17, mounted on Jeep Rubicon Moab Rims from a 2007 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon. These are 32" tires mounted on 17" rims and I have to run the 1.5" Spidertrax spacers in order for the rim to clear the brakes. I also have the 2.25" Rocky Road lift to allow enough room to run a 32" tire inside the wheel well. There was some wheel well (plastic parts) that needed trimming and the pinch weld has to be rolled over a little or it will come in contact with the outside edge of the tire.

Last edited by Knappster; 08-24-2010 at 06:27 AM.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Senior Member Getting Dirty HueyPilotVN's Avatar
    I run Brigestone 265/75/17 tires on the stock 6 spoke chrome limited wheels. To use this size tire I installed the Rocky Road 2.25" lift also and the 1.5" Spidertrax spacers for clearance. I have never had to modify the pinch weld or had any issues with rubbing. I did replace the stock rear coils springs with Superlift 4" lift coils that I got from Phunkeydude because of the weight that I carry in the rear of the Commander. It was not a tire clearance issue. It was the fact that I was compressing the springs on bumps because of the weight.

2007Jeep Green Limited
    4.7 Flex Fuel, Rocky Road 2.5" Lift on front, 4 inch Superlift coils on rear, Spidertrax 1.5" Spacers, Bridgestone 265/70/17
    Chrome Nerf Side Bars, K&N CAI, Flowmaster muffler, Aluminum Diamond Plate Locking Trunk installed
    Factory Roof Pod, Blue Ox Baseplate w/D-rings, "Get Lost 4X4" Front Bumper, T-Max 9000 winch, "Get Lost rear tire carrier, 30 gal second gas tank.
    Did anyone else read the fine print in the brochure and get a $500 rebate for being a Veteran?

Senior Member Getting Dirty NeilSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm running a Rough Country 2" lift with stock struts and stock springs and shocks. My tires are Goodyear Duratracs , 245/75R17 mounted on Vision Warrior 375s. I dont know the specs of the wheels but they are a direct replacement for the XK from Discount Tire.com. I have no rubbing at all. I've been out on the beach where the suspension was completely compressed and up to Flag Pole Knob and still no rubbing. the last picture was taken today after spending 5 hours cleaning it on Friday. I know, its clean. I dont mind getting the Jeep dirty but I also dont mind maintaining it either, which includes cleaning.

'07 Commander 3.7 V6
    2" Rough Country Lift with Vision Warriors and Goodyear Duratracs 245/75R17
    BajaRack Mega-Mule with KC Daylighters
    http://s624.photobucket.com/albums/t...cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

Senior Member Getting Dirty HueyPilotVN's Avatar
    I like those wheels and tires Neil Smith. When you get time send me a PM with the prices. I really do not need new tires but they do look nice.
    2007Jeep Green Limited
    4.7 Flex Fuel, Rocky Road 2.5" Lift on front, 4 inch Superlift coils on rear, Spidertrax 1.5" Spacers, Bridgestone 265/70/17
    Chrome Nerf Side Bars, K&N CAI, Flowmaster muffler, Aluminum Diamond Plate Locking Trunk installed
    Factory Roof Pod, Blue Ox Baseplate w/D-rings, "Get Lost 4X4" Front Bumper, T-Max 9000 winch, "Get Lost rear tire carrier, 30 gal second gas tank.
    Did anyone else read the fine print in the brochure and get a $500 rebate for being a Veteran?

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar

Running a 2" RC lift Maxxis Big Horns MT's 265/70/17 on stock rims. I used 1/4 spacer's up front to clear the knuckle. I did trim the wheel wells in the rear and only get rubbing at full lock up front. I to have had this setup stretched in all directions off road and no rubbing issues from that at all.

Senior Member Getting Dirty Doc in AZ's Avatar
    i got tired of issues with my tires rubbing the body and didn't want to cut anymore sheet metal... so this is how i roll!!

Stone Soup Metal Works, L.L.C.
    623.939.WELD
    5037 N. 54th Ave - Suite #5 85301
    Residential - Commercial - Automotive
    See our work on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by IamJEEP View Post
    Thats a cool tool you have there...

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty strokeZ's Avatar
    LOL!!! Doc - ur a riot!
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 4-1/2" AEV lift w 35" Toyo's

03 BMW Z4 2.5i ESS Stage 2 Supercharged, Custom Suspension, Stebro Exhaust, Hamann Side Skirts

85 BMW 535is Lowering springs, bilstein sport shocks, extra attitude

Supporting Vendor Getting Dirty Discount Tire's Avatar
    Great replies guys. Thank you all for posting.

Doc.... I want to see that thing flexed up. (with those wheels and tires of course.)
    Low Prices! More Choices! FREE Shipping!
    At The Store: discounttire.com
    To Your Door: discounttiredirect.com

Sales and Technical: 1.888.459.4080

Found a Lower Delivered Price?

Senior Member Getting Dirty Doc in AZ's Avatar
    i put those on just for rollers, if you look in the back ground you can see my dodge loaded up with some new wheels

and if you want to see it flexed out...

Stone Soup Metal Works, L.L.C.
    623.939.WELD
    5037 N. 54th Ave - Suite #5 85301
    Residential - Commercial - Automotive
    See our work on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by IamJEEP View Post
    Thats a cool tool you have there...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information