Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Share your wheel and tire set up and Pictures

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc in AZ View Post
    i got tired of issues with my tires rubbing the body and didn't want to cut anymore sheet metal... so this is how i roll!!

Haha that is halarious.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Here is mine.
    Stock wheels with Spidertrax 1.25 inch spacers and 265/70R17 Goodyear Wrangler MT/R's w/kevlar.

2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Junior Member Looking for Dirt
    2" King Springs lift(O.M.E). 17"x8" steel rims with +30 offset. Hankook 265 x 65 x 17" RF10 Dynapro A/T

Std Rims fitted with Cooper Discoverer S/T LT245/70R17 Tyres, great tyre for the Australian bush.

My Commander Post 75

Junior Member Looking for Dirt OurJeepLife's Avatar
    Two weeks ago, had Sears Install Shocks, Struts and New tires.. Thought there might be an issue with the width of the tire. Seeing how i wanted a tire slightly wider then stock.. Sears assured me that the 255/65R17's would fit. But still I informed the shop mechanic to install one tire first (Left front) just to let me take a good at it to see if it would rub the aluminum suspension arm. There was still play between the tire and arm. I could hold my fingers in between the two.

For the past few weeks we have been very please with the ride and handling of the commander. Yet after the installation.. Wife is thinking of doing the lift. (later on after its paid for) and again.. We know where to take the Jeep to have the lift installed.

So we've opted for the Michelin LTX M/S2 255/65R17's tires are mounted on stock middle grade (aluminum) rims. The tires and new stiffer Monroe "Reflex" shocks/struts set the jeep up about 3/4 inch higher..

Before Installation of Tires & Shocks

After Installation Of Tires & Shocks
    Last edited by OurJeepLife; 10-12-2010 at 03:22 AM.

Senior Member Getting Dirty NeilSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OurJeepLife View Post
    Two weeks ago, had Sears Install Shocks, Struts and New tires.. Thought there might be an issue with the width of the tire. Seeing how i wanted a tire slightly wider then stock.. Sears assured me that the 255/65R17's would fit. But still I informed the shop mechanic to install one tire first (Left front) just to let me take a good at it to see if it would rub the aluminum suspension arm. There was still play between the tire and arm. I could hold my fingers in between the two.

For the past few weeks we have been very please with the ride and handling of the commander. Yet after the installation.. Wife is thinking of doing the lift. (later on after its paid for) and again.. We know where to take the Jeep to have the lift installed.

So we've opted for the Michelin LTX M/S2 255/65R17's tires are mounted on stock middle grade (aluminum) rims. The tires and new stiffer Monroe "Reflex" shocks/struts set the jeep up about 3/4 inch higher..

Before Installation of Tires & Shocks

After Installation Of Tires & Shocks
    I would go back to Sears and have them wash that blue crap off of my tires. It will look even better then.
    '07 Commander 3.7 V6
    2" Rough Country Lift with Vision Warriors and Goodyear Duratracs 245/75R17
    BajaRack Mega-Mule with KC Daylighters
    http://s624.photobucket.com/albums/t...cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

Senior Member Getting Dirty Adondo's Avatar
    Rocky Road 2.25'' lift, Cooper ATR 255/70/R17 tires on Ultrasport 175 wheels.

I considered the Cooper Discoverer STT tires when having these installed, but decided I didn't want to drive a howling log truck around.

Last edited by Adondo; 10-13-2010 at 04:20 PM.
    2006, 4.7L, QTII, Toyo Wild Country M/T 265/70R17 tires, Ultrasport 175 wheels, Rocky Road 2.25'' lift kit, HID off-road lighting, Surco 50x60 roof rack, Foxwing awning, Superchips performance programming.

Member Looking for Dirt
    Kelly TSR's 265/70/17 on stock mineral grey wheels with SpiderTrax 1-1/2" spacers.

- Keith -

07' RedRock Crystal Sport XK, 4.7 Flex, QDII, leather, power liftgate, remote start, moonroof, skylights, power pedals and seats, Boston Accoustics, 20% tint, Mopar skid plates, splash guards and slush guards, 2" RC lift, SpiderTrax, Kelly TSR 265/70/17 .

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty IamJEEP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DEERE G View Post
    Kelly TSR's 265/70/17 on stock mineral grey wheels with SpiderTrax 1-1/2" spacers.

Nice set-up, same color and wheels on mine.

Do you have a side profile pic of your Jeep with that set-up?
    ****Uwharrie Aprroved****
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*
    --------->My Garage<------------------

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Then I drove her hard for about 45 mins.

Member Looking for Dirt
    Here you go.
    - Keith -

07' RedRock Crystal Sport XK, 4.7 Flex, QDII, leather, power liftgate, remote start, moonroof, skylights, power pedals and seats, Boston Accoustics, 20% tint, Mopar skid plates, splash guards and slush guards, 2" RC lift, SpiderTrax, Kelly TSR 265/70/17 .

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information