Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chrysler recalls Jeep SUVs for ignition switches

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    My Jeep has needed a new ignition switch since about a year after I got the truck. It was still under warranty initially but I couldn't get the dealer to do anything about it because it wouldn't fail in their custody. I'm just waiting for my notice to come in the mail!

It only happens a couple times a year - I'll be cruising along when suddenly it feels like I hit a wall. Nope, that's just the engine shutting down. Usually it starts right back up by itself; but a few times I have had to throw it into neutral (at speed!) and cycle the key. After the first couple times, I have made sure to keep my knees clear, so I know that's not the problem.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty mrnavy2's Avatar
    Yes Brandon, it happen the same to me. I also thought it was my knee. Just waiting to see who else.gets there Notice.
    A Veteran, whether Active Duty, Retired, National Guard, of Reserves, is someone who, at one point in their lives, wrote a check payable to "The United States of America" for a amount of
    "up to and including my Life". That is Honor, and there are way to many people in the country who no longer understand it.

Senior Member Getting Dirty DetroitMarauder's Avatar
    I got one the other day but it had to do with needing to replace the FOBIK (again). Something about it not springing back to position after starting the vehicle and it can shut off while driving. Of course they don't have the parts in and don't know when they'll be in.
    2008 Jeep Commander 3.7L V6 4x4, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Bilstein Struts, Monroe Sensa-Trac Load Leveler Shocks, Rusty's Adjustable Track Bar, K&N CAI 63, Flowmaster Super 44 Offroad Muffler, Bull bar w/ driving lights.

Senior Member Getting Dirty The_War_Wagon's Avatar

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    I'm pretty sure I did but threw it away.

I'm thinking I better dig mine OUT. At 95k miles now, I put it in park, apply emergency brake, turn the ignition off, pull the key out, BUT... if I keep my foot on the brake, the engine KEEPS running, until I take my foot OFF the brake!!!
    '07 Jeep Commander, Rocky Mountain Edition - 287 V-8 - Superchipped - aFe Stage II R-5A CAI - Flowmaster Super 44 - 2" Daystar lift - Spidertrax spacers - 32x10.5x17 Cooper A/T's - Fastman throttlebody - Skyjacker 8000 shocks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information