Thread: after the lift

Member Looking for Dirt XKLover's Avatar

after the lift

What are my options for a tuner for a 2007 3.7 engine? I am mostly concerned with calibrating the speedo. Only thing I have found so far is the Hypertech 52501 and 752501. Would I be able to just take it somewhere and have the speedo calibrated? Thanks for any help.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Unless something has changed Jeep can't do your tire size you need the programmer.

OK got my Hypertech 52001 today and got it running. On the initial run it had codes P0930, B1633, B162B, B1421. I cleared those and programmed the XK. After the program I now have U0100, P0930, and U0431. I'm trying to find a list online with these codes but not having much luck. Oh is there any reason I would want to mess with my rev limiter or fan temp? I only changed it for regular gas and tire stuff right now.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    My link to the specific codes doesn't work anymore but I'm sure a quick google search will get you what you need.

Here is a breakdown of what each digit of the code means:

First Character - System

The first character identifies identifies the system related to the trouble code.

* P = Powertrain
    * B = Body
    * C = Chassis
    * U = Undefined

Second Digit - Code Type

The second digit identifies whether the code is a generic code (same on all OBD-II equpped vehicles), or a manufacturer specific code.

* 0 = Generic (this is the digit zero -- not the letter "O")
    * 1 = Enhanced (manufacturer specific)

Third Digit - Sub-System

The third digit denotes the type of sub-system that pertains to the code

* 1 = Emission Management (Fuel or Air)
    * 2 = Injector Circuit (Fuel or Air)
    * 3 = Ignition or Misfire
    * 4 = Emission Control
    * 5 = Vehicle Speed & Idle Control
    * 6 = Computer & Output Circuit
    * 7 = Transmission
    * 8 = Transmission
    * 9 = SAE Reserved
    * 0 = SAE Reserved

Fourth and Fifth Digits

These digits, along with the others, are variable, and relate to a particular problem

For example,a P0171 code means P0171 - System Too Lean (Bank 1)

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    I would leave rev limiter and fan temp alone. Are you getting a check engine light and then when you scan it these codes come up or no check engine light and the scanner picks up these codes? Which hypertech programmer did you get? Also most codes you can google and pretty much figure out what it is
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

never got a check engine light, they were there when I went into the program mode. I bought the 52001. I found stuff for a couple codes but the others had nothing for them...I think Sal's post pretty much sums it up as the ones I couldn't find anything for had numbers in the 4th and 5th spots.
    Last edited by XKLover; 09-07-2014 at 08:52 AM.

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XKLover View Post
    never got a check engine light, they were there when I went into the program mode. I bought the 52001. I found stuff for a couple codes but the others had nothing for them...I think Sal's post pretty much sums it up as the ones I couldn't find anything for had numbers in the 4th and 5th spots.
    Is the 52001 the Hypertech Max Pro?
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Says Max Energy Power Programmer on box.

http://www.amazon.com/Hypertech-5200.../dp/B0013ESC34

I didn't buy it on amazon, I bought it used on ebay but that's the one I bought.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    U0100 is loss of comm with ecm/pcm
    U0431 implausible data from FCM
    P0930 might be a faulty brake switch

The first two are common triggers while programming but should go away once programming is done. The 3rd might actually be a bad switch if it stays.

Your check engine light is on?
    After clearing the codes, all 3 come back right away?

Edit: just re-read and looks like you dont have DTC light on. Dont worry about the codes, there's so many things being monitored that erroneous codes are expected, the DTC light only comes on when a code repeats enough to be deemed an actual problem.
    Last edited by Matt; 09-08-2014 at 04:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    U0100 is loss of comm with ecm/pcm
    U0431 implausible data from FCM
    P0930 might be a faulty brake switch

The first two are common triggers while programming but should go away once programming is done. The 3rd might actually be a bad switch if it stays.

Your check engine light is on?
    After clearing the codes, all 3 come back right away?

Edit: just re-read and looks like you dont have DTC light on. Dont worry about the codes, there's so many things being monitored that erroneous codes are expected, the DTC light only comes on when a code repeats enough to be deemed an actual problem.
    Yeah my engine light has never been on, just found these codes while running the programmer the first time.

Thread Information