Thread: XKLover's Garage

Member Looking for Dirt XKLover's Avatar

XKLover's Garage

Well since the lift is going on Saturday I figured I would start my garage. Here's my 2007 stock XK:
    Attachment 2338

And here's some pics of the PW mod being done to fit the new tires:
    Attachment 2339Attachment 2340Attachment 2341Click image for larger version. 

Name:	154.jpg 
Views:	237 
Size:	92.8 KB 
ID:	2343Click image for larger version. 

Name:	155.jpg 
Views:	231 
Size:	83.9 KB 
ID:	2344
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	157.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	2342  

Last edited by XKLover; 08-21-2014 at 02:21 PM.

OK after a long day of wrenching, cussing, and not much bleeding the XK has RRO 2.25"lift installed, new Monroe Load Leveler Shocks in rear, new Monroe 171377 strut assemblies up front, JBA 6.7 UCA's, new 17x8 MO970 Moto Metal rims w/ 265/70/17 Hercules Terra Trac ATII.

Lessons we learned: with the RRO lift they use long bolts that go thru the strut tower, spacer, and into the engine compartment. This was hell trying to tighten up the two inner bolts on each side because you cannot possibly get anything back there to hold the head while tightening the nut up top. Solution: We tack welded the inner 2 bolts on each side to keep them from spinning. If anyone is using this lift I'd recommend figuring something out before having it installed in the jeep.
    We couldn't get that damn LCA bolt out of the bushing. Luckily my buddy has a lift in his garage. We disassembled the calipers took them off, pulled the rotors, removed the steering bolt, removed the spindle, pulled the half shaft, compressed the springs and that gave us enough room to push that strut fork under the strut then we jacked up the LCA to seat the strut in the fork, bolted it in and put everything back. Needless to say the 2nd one went alot quicker than the first.

Overall very happy with the outcome so far. As of now she is sitting 5 1/2"taller in front and 4 1/8"in back. The struts/shocks were probably OE and not doing very much, best I can figure. Here's some pics:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	001.jpg 
Views:	234 
Size:	84.7 KB 
ID:	2345Click image for larger version. 

Name:	002.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	87.4 KB 
ID:	2346Click image for larger version. 

Name:	003.jpg 
Views:	232 
Size:	90.0 KB 
ID:	2347

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Excellent start, keep the photos and comments coming.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Another thing...she's making some new noises now. Probably gonna end up buying some new half shafts and throwing them in and see if that cures it.

Before:

Name:	157.jpg 
Views:	227 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	2348

After:

Name:	003.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	90.0 KB 
ID:	2349

Haven't updated in a while but here's some stuff I did over the last couple months. OK the XK now has new Moog sway bar bushings, Moog sway bar links, Moog lower ball joints, all 3 Moog bushings on the LCA(left & right), 3 new front differential mounts and changed out the front diff fluid.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    It must feel nice and tight up front now.

Thread Information