Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Posts!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Knappster View Post
    Not sure what you mean, do I need to change a set up somewhere?

When I log on I always choose "What's New?" so I am not sure what you are looking at or trying to see.
    When you hit whats new it only shows you threads with new posts in it that you haven't read yet. On other forums it puts all the new post in chronalogical order whether or not you have read it. The ones with new posts are bold and the ones you read are lighter. Does that help
    Last edited by Knappster; 05-11-2011 at 10:54 AM.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Exactly what sal said.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Okay, I moved this part of our discussion to this thread...

I need your help so I can fix this.

When I log on I am taken to the main "Home" page and then I can select between Forum, Blogs, What's New & Subscriptions.

I normally click "What's New" which does exactly what it indicates, it shows me what is new and ONLY what is new.

If I select "Forum" I get the liniar forum with all the threads in the order I set them up when I set up the forum.

How do you enter and what do you see that is different from the other forums you use? It looks like all the forums I use so I am confused but I want to understand so I can fix it.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

When I click either (they both do the same thing for me) What's New or New Posts I get a linear listing of all forum threads that have been recently posted in. If I click one of those threads to read it, and then click What's New or New Posts again, that thread is no longer there.

In other words, I only see threads that I have not read.

Other forums show you all active threads. Usually, the ones you have read are normal font and ones that have new posts since the last time you read it are bold font.

Senior Member Getting Dirty NeilSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    Exactly what Matt said.
    yep. thats what I do and am just fine with it that way.
    '07 Commander 3.7 V6
    2" Rough Country Lift with Vision Warriors and Goodyear Duratracs 245/75R17
    BajaRack Mega-Mule with KC Daylighters
    http://s624.photobucket.com/albums/t...cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    At the bottom of the main forum page is this table:

Icon Legend
    Contains unread forum posts
    Contains no unread forum posts
    Forum is a category
    Forum is a Link

It shows that threads with a new post have a blue field where others do not, If you click that section it lets you select the threads with new posts if you so desire.
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

We're talking about how the threads show up when you click "new posts". I never (or very rarely) go into a single forum at a time to browse... i just click "new posts" to see what's active. There is where, if i read a thread, it disappears.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt_ View Post
    We're talking about how the threads show up when you click "new posts". I never (or very rarely) go into a single forum at a time to browse... i just click "new posts" to see what's active. There is where, if i read a thread, it disappears.
    Okay, Maybe that is something with this version of software as I do not see a feature to show posts already read when you click NEW posts.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

Here's another forum im on that's using the same software and it works. Maybe it's just a different revision?

http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forum/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information