Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Posts!

Senior Member Getting Dirty hoaxci5's Avatar
    4.0.8 there vs 4.0.6 here, however by the looks of it one of the sites I'm on is still using 3.8.5 so I'm not sure it's a versioning issue.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hoaxci5 View Post
    4.0.8 there vs 4.0.6 here, however by the looks of it one of the sites I'm on is still using 3.8.5 so I'm not sure it's a versioning issue.
    As of today we are 4.1.3 here.

I am having a hard time grasping the difference, I might have to get one of you on the land line so I can fix the issue.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    I made some screen shots of whats going on and compared it to another forum.

I'll run you through what they are:

Pic 1: Home screen
    Pic 2: Clicked "Whats New", shows "new threads". You'll see i take note that the next 3 threads are "Switch Panel--IamJeep Style", "New member in northwest NC" and "Computer Security software".
    Pic 3: Clicked "Switch Panel---IamJeep Style
    Pic 4: Clicked "Whats New" again. You'll notice that the thread i just read is now gone. The other two remain. There are now also 8 threads returned in the search of "whats new".
    Pic 5: Clicked "New member in northwest NC"
    Pic 6: Clicked "Whats New" again. The thread i just read has disappeared, only the Computer Security software thread remains and we're down to 7 results.

The above happens regardless if i click "Whats New" or "New Posts".

For comparison, the next 3 pics show how other forums handle this.

Pic 7: Clicked "Whats New". I'm going to click the thread with the arrow pointed to it. Take note that all of the threads are in BOLD font.
    Pic 8: I clicked that thread.
    Pic 9: I clicked "Whats New" again. The thread did not disappear... it is still in the results list. BUT, it's no longer BOLD which means I have read it. The other non-bold threads are new results that I have not read. If someone replies to that thread, it will turn BOLD again.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1 Home.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	99.9 KB 
ID:	656  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2 Whats New.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	657  

Name:	3 Switch Panel.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	96.8 KB 
ID:	658  

Name:	4 Whats New 2.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	91.8 KB 
ID:	659  

Name:	5 New Member.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	91.5 KB 
ID:	660  

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    The rest of the pics:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6 Whats New 3.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	95.2 KB 
ID:	661  

Name:	7 FSC Whats New.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	100.8 KB 
ID:	662  

Name:	8 FSC thread.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	96.2 KB 
ID:	663  

Name:	9 FSC Whats New 2.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	97.2 KB 
ID:	664  

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Okay, I got ya (I am a little slow), Let me see how to program that!
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt_ View Post
    If they sign up don't forget to warn them about the little "new post" issue here. This is the only forum that I've been on that hides threads after you view them until a new post is made. Its a pain sometimes when I decide I want to go back and respond to that thread I read earlier, but its not there so you either have to search for it or click "mark all forums read" and then it'll show your the previous 24 hours.
    I think I found the setting for this today and fixed it, please try it out and let me know! Thanks.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

Senior Member Getting Dirty hoaxci5's Avatar
    This thread still disappeared after I read that post Knappster.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hoaxci5 View Post
    This thread still disappeared after I read that post Knappster.
    Okay, I will keep working on it. It has too be one of htemany buttons, I just cannot figure out which one.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information