Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: I'm Back!!!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    Guess thats good news, at least youre getting an overhauled rear diff and front diff service! Sucks you have to wait but being optimistic is the best idea.. Also gives you more time to gather accessories!!!
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 06JeepXKHEMI View Post
    Guess thats good news, at least youre getting an overhauled rear diff and front diff service! Sucks you have to wait but being optimistic is the best idea.. Also gives you more time to gather accessories!!!

Shopping for a replacement car for the wife to drive so no extra dollars right now LOL. Getting rid of her Passat to get rid of vehicle payments Then I have to get her a camper and then finally start modifying the XK. She doesn't really like the WK I tried talking her into that LOL She liked the LR discovery but dependability is an issue with that. Tried Toyota 4 Runner but not sure she likes that either. Was hopping to get a support vehicle out of it LOL or maybe one that could tow her camper but oh well.

Senior Member Getting Dirty lekmedm's Avatar
    I've been a fan of the Discos ever since the Camel Trophy days. I don't really think they are less dependable than the XK. They just have their own problems. I spent some time on the LR forums reading up. For the most part, they seem to have electrical gremlins, but those have been identified. There's always the air suspension, if equipped. The power train is, generally, pretty solid.

Just my 2¢.

Sent from wherever my Jeep takes me.
    2007 Commander Overland / 4" SuperLift / 285/70R17 Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx / Rusty's adjustable rear UCAs / Carolina Driveline front drive shaft / Flashpaq / DRLs & Tilting Mirrors / Autolite Iridiums / Cobra 29LX Chrome LE CB & Firestik antenna / Rear fog lights / Mopar Grille Guard with HID driving lights
    "4 wheel drive does not mean 4 wheel stop!" -Lee Goldberg, WABC TV weatherman

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lekmedm View Post
    I've been a fan of the Discos ever since the Camel Trophy days. I don't really think they are less dependable than the XK. They just have their own problems. I spent some time on the LR forums reading up. For the most part, they seem to have electrical gremlins, but those have been identified. There's always the air suspension, if equipped. The power train is, generally, pretty solid.

Just my 2¢.

Sent from wherever my Jeep takes me.
    She liked the way the LR looked and almost sold her on it when she seen how nice the the interior was. But she's a car person that what she said LOL I might still work on that though.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information