Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting Set to get the MOD 6" SL installed

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar

Getting Set to get the MOD 6" SL installed

Jon is checking with SL to see if the items that did not arrive in the lift is needed or not. If not I will be getting all of it installed this coming weekend.

Before I do this I want to run the setup past you just to make sure nothing was missed or had the wrong impression on what need to be done.
    Front:
    SL Kit (full Kit)
    Using OME HD front springs with 1 coil cut off
    5100 Adjustable Struts set to .75
    Rustys 1/2" Strut spacer (already have it on the XK for the OME HD setup)
    JBA UCA's (latest GEN) (already have it on the XK for the OME HD setup)
    RCV Axles
    New LCA's

Rear:
    JBA 6" coils
    Fox 12" remote res shock (7/8's shaft)
    2 sets of Matt's 1/2 coil spacers, 1 " per side. I will only use these if needed to make level.

Set of 315's rubber all the way around.

Question I have for the front, do I still use the SL Strut 4" spacer even tho I am using the OME HD springs? I thought I read on here that it will be to high if I use the SL 4" spacer.

If I do use the SL strut 4" spacer, other than the shocks & springs I am replacing with the Fox & JBa's one I got. I am to use the entire kit right?
    I want to make sure all is right before dropping it off.
    Thx for the input all.

I know I will need to replace the Front & rear DS & also the rear UCA & rear LCA too, those will be done one at a time & with in the next 6 months
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Yeah you'll definitely need the 4" sl spacer, but dont use the sl coil preload spacer.

You might not need the Rustys strut spacer either. They're easy enough to add later so id leave them out, get everything on, let it settle for week or so then adjust front&rear height with spacers as needed.

Looking forward to seeing this beast!

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    X2 on what Matt said. Use the 4 inch spacer above te strut that Superlift provides but don't install the preload spacers when assembling the struts after you cut the coil off the OME springs. I would start with the lowest setting on the 5100's and see how it sits first after it levels out. From there if need be you can adjust the strut for more lift and add Matt's rear spacers if the XK isn't level to your liking or if you need a hair more lift to clear those 35's.

Make sure you check out the rear pinion angle after the lift is installed. I believe a few members have installed rear adjustable upper control arms to get the pinion angle set of it was an issue. Yours might be fine once everthing is installed. Can't wait to see it done!
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Just remembered. ... not sure if you noticed in my thread that after installing my 5100s my front sat lower than I expected so I ordered some strut spacers. But after a day or two of driving the front actually raised 1/2" to exactly where I wanted it. I think there was some stiction in the guides/seals of the struts and they needed a few miles to break in.

I've never had that happen before. So it might be worth mentioning to your mechanic to take it for a ride to bounce the suspension around before the initial alignment.

Senior Member Getting Dirty lekmedm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    Make sure you check out the rear pinion angle after the lift is installed. I believe a few members have installed rear adjustable upper control arms to get the pinion angle set of it was an issue. Yours might be fine once everthing is installed. Can't wait to see it done!
    I installed the rear adjustable UCAs to fix the pinion angle. OK, Matt installed them, but I brought beer! Anyway, there's a thread around here somewhere with pictures. It might be in the warning to those with superlifts thread.
    2007 Commander Overland / 4" SuperLift / 285/70R17 Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx / Rusty's adjustable rear UCAs / Carolina Driveline front drive shaft / Flashpaq / DRLs & Tilting Mirrors / Autolite Iridiums / Cobra 29LX Chrome LE CB & Firestik antenna / Rear fog lights / Mopar Grille Guard with HID driving lights
    "4 wheel drive does not mean 4 wheel stop!" -Lee Goldberg, WABC TV weatherman

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    Are you thinking of regearing to the 4.10s they have available?? Has anyone done it yet?
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Thx all for the info, I will be getting the rear LCA & UCA when I have money.

Matt I will have the shop check that. I am also thinking with the bumper & winch might make it hang low, will see when installed.

Not thinking 4.10 right now as no money for it.

I set a budget of 5K for this & I have gone to 6k with everything I have done so far. So the wife will kill me if I put another penny into this lift right now lol.

I do thank all of you for the help. My head has else where & this XK helps me keep my head clear & don't want to screw it up.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pjmjr508 View Post
    Thx all for the info, I will be getting the rear LCA & UCA when I have money.

Matt I will have the shop check that. I am also thinking with the bumper & winch might make it hang low, will see when installed.

Not thinking 4.10 right now as no money for it.

I set a budget of 5K for this & I have gone to 6k with everything I have done so far. So the wife will kill me if I put another penny into this lift right now lol.

I do thank all of you for the help. My head has else where & this XK helps me keep my head clear & don't want to screw it up.
    Dude your wife is a saint! Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    Dude your wife is a saint! Just saying.
    LOL Thx Dude, She has to she puts up with my crazy ass
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Quick question
    OME HD Front Springs I need to have 1 coil cut off. Does it matter if the cut coil is the top or the bottom coil? I thought it would be the top coil, but want to make sure. It's at the shop now & they are asking which way I want done. They will be starting in the morning.

Dave answered this ? via FB
    "Bottom. The top one is flattened off to suit the mount, the lower isn't and has a bevel to suit, so cut the lower."

Thx again dave
    Last edited by pjmjr508; 10-10-2014 at 10:56 PM.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information