Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Getting Set to get the MOD 6" SL installed

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I do... lol but it won't matter since I won't have a free weekend until late March
    I can relate to that!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    I am very happy with this beast now.
    Hub to Fender for the front as of lastnight with some miles on it.
    FP 26"
    FD 25"
    I have 3 issues that came up after the lift.
    Sounds like the new RCV axles are binding- will put the OEM's back on to see if that corrects that.
    The alignment shop could not get the caster within limits
    Have warning lights on now- I did not reset back to stock before adding the AEV unit- This week I will remove the AEV unit & then put back to stock & then install it again to see if that fixes that issue.

The guy that installed this lift stated that it is a lot bigger than he thought it was going to be. He said he really likes how it turned out, So am I. I will say this tho, getting in & out of this thing now is giving me one hell of a work out, I am short and I have to pull myself up by the Oh **** handle just to get in.

thx guys for you help
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Sadly you wouldn't be the first with rcv issues.... at least they're good with warranty but too many guys seem to have this issue

Caster is tough to keep in spec on these vehicles. But as long as its positive and the vehicle tracks straight its nothing to worry about.

See if you can pull any codes with the superchips. All wheel speed sensors plugged back in (all the way in)?

You think getting in is an issue.... wait till you try getting that spare down! Lol

Senior Member Getting Dirty lekmedm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pjmjr508 View Post
    I will say this tho, getting in & out of this thing now is giving me one hell of a work out, I am short and I have to pull myself up by the Oh **** handle just to get in.

thx guys for you help
    That's one of the reasons I ordered a Steel Armadillo slider set. They will give everyone a step up!
    2007 Commander Overland / 4" SuperLift / 285/70R17 Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx / Rusty's adjustable rear UCAs / Carolina Driveline front drive shaft / Flashpaq / DRLs & Tilting Mirrors / Autolite Iridiums / Cobra 29LX Chrome LE CB & Firestik antenna / Rear fog lights / Mopar Grille Guard with HID driving lights
    "4 wheel drive does not mean 4 wheel stop!" -Lee Goldberg, WABC TV weatherman

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    Any pics?!?!!!
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Can't wait to see it being flexed out. Let me know what effect the lift has on parts and MPG's

Senior Member Getting Dirty lekmedm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    Can't wait to see it being flexed out. Let me know what effect the lift has on parts and MPG's
    I can tell you it has a negative effect because lift ($$$) + negative MPGs = crying wallet.

Sent from wherever my Jeep takes me.
    2007 Commander Overland / 4" SuperLift / 285/70R17 Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx / Rusty's adjustable rear UCAs / Carolina Driveline front drive shaft / Flashpaq / DRLs & Tilting Mirrors / Autolite Iridiums / Cobra 29LX Chrome LE CB & Firestik antenna / Rear fog lights / Mopar Grille Guard with HID driving lights
    "4 wheel drive does not mean 4 wheel stop!" -Lee Goldberg, WABC TV weatherman

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    I didn't really do much today as it was pouring rain and my lil girl was sick, she would not let me out of her sight.
    These are pics from the night I got it back. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0283.jpg 
Views:	218 
Size:	96.4 KB 
ID:	2415Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0281.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	2416Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0282.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	98.5 KB 
ID:	2417

I will find out if it is the rcv axles are what is making all the freaken noise up front by putting my OEM ones back in this weekend. I am dropping it back off friday night after work for him to fab the front skid that came with the bumper to work with the new lift as it changed the mounting locations. I'm still working on the issue with the AEV unit setting off the BAS & TC lights on the dash. I tried driving with it removed tonight and ever turn I made the TC light on the dash was flashing along with killing power.

I have maybe 100 miles on it so far & a few things:
    Tires howl more than I thought. They are a MT so its kinda expected, but this one is kinda loud.
    It rides a lot different than when just the OME setup. Unsure if the fact it is a lot taller or it is the tires being to stiff?

I will be taking more pics once all is done.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    PJ, what happens if you dont use the aev module at all and program the tire size with the superchips?

And check your tire pressure. They might be inflated too high

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    Man that thing is a BEAST!!! Looks great man, you'll get used to the difference in the ride and work out the kinks, modding Jeeps is never an easy task!
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information