Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: First mod of 2015!

Senior Member Getting Dirty The_War_Wagon's Avatar

Cool First mod of 2015!

In on 1/1!

Pulled the trigger tonight on a Daystar 2" lift (Yeah, I know - there's better ones out there. The Commander may be out of warranty, but it ain't paid off for another year yet! Its "wheeling" is still pretty much limited to "daily driving," and, "snow," so if I decide to tackle the Moab in it, I'll do a LOT more work to it FIRST) - got some Rancho nitro soft-ride shocks for the rear to go with, along with some Spidertrax 1.5" spacers. Gonna go with some Cooper 265/70 A/T's next week, so I gotta make sure they'll FIT, first.

Been spending a LOTTA time on the Ramcharger the past 2 years, getting it roadworthy and what not. Still have a LOTTA work to go in that regards, but I gotta start moving the Commander towards that happy day, when we can add skidplates, multicarrier, winch & custom bumper, Dana 60's, and of course - the 392 crate HEMI.

At least it'll be the meanest-LOOKING mall crawler, by Valentine's Day!
    '07 Jeep Commander, Rocky Mountain Edition - 287 V-8 - Superchipped - aFe Stage II R-5A CAI - Flowmaster Super 44 - 2" Daystar lift - Spidertrax spacers - 32x10.5x17 Cooper A/T's - Fastman throttlebody - Skyjacker 8000 shocks

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Way to start the year!

Which coopers are you going for? I have a hardon for the ST Maxx, that'll probably be my next aggressive a/t tire.

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    I've heard the RC lift was only $150 but Daystar is better than no lift
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Way to start the year!

Which coopers are you going for? I have a hardon for the ST Maxx, that'll probably be my next aggressive a/t tire.

Since I'm looking at something to survive the snow, and maybe a couple of muddy roads on some fishing trips, I'm leaning towards these.

Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    I've heard the RC lift was only $150 but Daystar is better than no lift
    Well, that's my thought - gotta clear some 265's!
    '07 Jeep Commander, Rocky Mountain Edition - 287 V-8 - Superchipped - aFe Stage II R-5A CAI - Flowmaster Super 44 - 2" Daystar lift - Spidertrax spacers - 32x10.5x17 Cooper A/T's - Fastman throttlebody - Skyjacker 8000 shocks

Member Looking for Dirt
    in about a couple weeks, i will be joining you with a tire change, also coopers and also 265/70/17 except I'm going with the AT3 mainly cuz they seem like a good mix between the atp's and the st-maxx
    Last edited by xk2006; 01-02-2015 at 08:50 PM.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by xk2006 View Post
    in about a couple weeks, i will be joining you with a tire change, also coopers and also 265/70/17 except I'm going with the AT3 mainly cuz they seem like a good mix between the atp's and the st-maxx

If I lived in FL, I'd probably go with the AT3, too. With 40" - 60" of snow a year here in a typical winter, I need something a bit more aggressive. And the fact that I make - MAYBE - a half-dozen trips a year outside of Allegheny Co., means on all my short hops (I put maybe 6k miles a year on her - I live 30' from my office and walk to work each day. Some days, I don't drive it at all), I don't get up to a speed, where an aggressive tread sounds annoying. Besides, my Flowmaster Super 44 is MUCH more annoying on the open interstate!

Member Looking for Dirt
    good choice on the tires and on the super 44. they do sound sweet. i off road at least once a month with either orlando jeep club or ocala jeep club. we get into some good stuff, however i do most of my driving on road (about 95%) and run usually at high speeds, besides lots and lots of rain here.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    I am waiting for my first MODs of 2015 to arrive.
    Carolina Driveline Rear Driveshaft & Rustys Offroad Adjustable Rear UCA's. They were ordered the week before christmas so should be here anyday. Hope to have those installed & a few other bugs resolved before I am able to walk again in Feb.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Quote Originally Posted by pjmjr508 View Post
    I am waiting for my first MODs of 2015 to arrive.
    Carolina Driveline Rear Driveshaft & Rustys Offroad Adjustable Rear UCA's. They were ordered the week before christmas so should be here anyday. Hope to have those installed & a few other bugs resolved before I am able to walk again in Feb.
    Sooo... you're building a Commander Truggy?

Sounds like some extensive gear there - can't wait to see what all you're doing to your ride.

Senior Member Getting Dirty lekmedm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I have a hardon for the ST Maxx,...
    Too much info!

Sent from wherever my Jeep takes me.
    2007 Commander Overland / 4" SuperLift / 285/70R17 Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx / Rusty's adjustable rear UCAs / Carolina Driveline front drive shaft / Flashpaq / DRLs & Tilting Mirrors / Autolite Iridiums / Cobra 29LX Chrome LE CB & Firestik antenna / Rear fog lights / Mopar Grille Guard with HID driving lights
    "4 wheel drive does not mean 4 wheel stop!" -Lee Goldberg, WABC TV weatherman

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information