Thread: First mod of 2015!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member Getting Dirty The_War_Wagon's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by xk2006 View Post
    in about a couple weeks, i will be joining you with a tire change, also coopers and also 265/70/17 except I'm going with the AT3 mainly cuz they seem like a good mix between the atp's and the st-maxx

If I lived in FL, I'd probably go with the AT3, too. With 40" - 60" of snow a year here in a typical winter, I need something a bit more aggressive. And the fact that I make - MAYBE - a half-dozen trips a year outside of Allegheny Co., means on all my short hops (I put maybe 6k miles a year on her - I live 30' from my office and walk to work each day. Some days, I don't drive it at all), I don't get up to a speed, where an aggressive tread sounds annoying. Besides, my Flowmaster Super 44 is MUCH more annoying on the open interstate!
    '07 Jeep Commander, Rocky Mountain Edition - 287 V-8 - Superchipped - aFe Stage II R-5A CAI - Flowmaster Super 44 - 2" Daystar lift - Spidertrax spacers - 32x10.5x17 Cooper A/T's - Fastman throttlebody - Skyjacker 8000 shocks

Member Looking for Dirt
    good choice on the tires and on the super 44. they do sound sweet. i off road at least once a month with either orlando jeep club or ocala jeep club. we get into some good stuff, however i do most of my driving on road (about 95%) and run usually at high speeds, besides lots and lots of rain here.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    I am waiting for my first MODs of 2015 to arrive.
    Carolina Driveline Rear Driveshaft & Rustys Offroad Adjustable Rear UCA's. They were ordered the week before christmas so should be here anyday. Hope to have those installed & a few other bugs resolved before I am able to walk again in Feb.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Senior Member Getting Dirty The_War_Wagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pjmjr508 View Post
    I am waiting for my first MODs of 2015 to arrive.
    Carolina Driveline Rear Driveshaft & Rustys Offroad Adjustable Rear UCA's. They were ordered the week before christmas so should be here anyday. Hope to have those installed & a few other bugs resolved before I am able to walk again in Feb.
    Sooo... you're building a Commander Truggy?

Sounds like some extensive gear there - can't wait to see what all you're doing to your ride.
    '07 Jeep Commander, Rocky Mountain Edition - 287 V-8 - Superchipped - aFe Stage II R-5A CAI - Flowmaster Super 44 - 2" Daystar lift - Spidertrax spacers - 32x10.5x17 Cooper A/T's - Fastman throttlebody - Skyjacker 8000 shocks

Thread Information