Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: This site has been dead lately!!!

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar

This site has been dead lately!!!

I noticed no one posts here anymore. Did everyone sell their XK's or something??
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    I think a lot of us have slowed down our modding... since we've done almost everything. New XK owners seem aren't bothering with forums, they're all on FB. There are always relevant questions which I normally reply with a link to an answer/how-to on here.

Idea might be to give some new guys links to the garage forum and tell them to start a garage thread to document their build... something that FB isn't good for.

Senior Member Getting Dirty stites-xk's Avatar
    Sorry I haven't been on lately! Haven't done much to the XK with buying our first house and our first kid is on the way! She is due in march. The jeep had to put on the Bach burner for a while.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Member Looking for Dirt
    yes your all right. its been quiet, many have sold, many good mods already done and working good, and like stites (or at least him soon to be) i am a new dad and the xk has been sidelined …until now. i need new tires and i figure i update on things a bit. couple years ago i went from the 2" hockey pucks to the ome springs front and back and shocks in front, i already had mll in back made for xk, and riding all this on falken wild peak 265/65/17. well for christmas i bought spidertraxx 1.5 spacers for all four corners, mll made for f-150, and also new spider euro black out headlights to get rid of the dull 9 year old cataract stricken headlights. now for tires on the fence between 265/70/17 which will neither add or subtract width but give me almost an inch of diameter (.5 off the ground), or 255/75/17 which will take away .5 inch of width but add 1.5 of diameter (.75 off the ground). i absolutely hate the falkens, i barely got 35k miles on them and they are bald, i previously had the firestone destination a/t and got almost 60k out of them. usually 90% road and highway, and 10% off road. so then, which brand and size do i go with. lets see the many opinions. can't wait to see the headlights cuz my xk is silver and i think it will look wicked up front.

Senior Member Getting Dirty The_War_Wagon's Avatar
    Ramcharger's been taking all my time!
    '07 Jeep Commander, Rocky Mountain Edition - 287 V-8 - Superchipped - aFe Stage II R-5A CAI - Flowmaster Super 44 - 2" Daystar lift - Spidertrax spacers - 32x10.5x17 Cooper A/T's - Fastman throttlebody - Skyjacker 8000 shocks

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    I haven't done many mods on mine recently either. I did however just replace my transfer case last night used a used unit as well as a new Mopar transfer case **** motor. Next will be replacing my front lower ball joints, struts and cv's as both are making noises. I'm pondering going with RCV shafts but not sure I want to sink $2000 into the XK as I just rolled 171,000 miles. I'll at least get new dealer cv's as the cheap auto parts store cv's only last a few months
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Cool

And a LOT of us are waiting for the 2016 XL - the GRAND Wagoneer - to trade up!

We are gonna make allowance for these as part of OUR "Ultimate Jeep" board, no?
    '07 Jeep Commander, Rocky Mountain Edition - 287 V-8 - Superchipped - aFe Stage II R-5A CAI - Flowmaster Super 44 - 2" Daystar lift - Spidertrax spacers - 32x10.5x17 Cooper A/T's - Fastman throttlebody - Skyjacker 8000 shocks

I'd probably go with a newer suburban or yukon xl over that. Although the XK was a "small" 7 seater, it had true off road capabilities, something I don't see the new Grands having. We'll see what the specs and prices are when they come out, but I have a feeling a Suburban will have more room, better towing, just as much "capability" and comparably priced (if not cheaper)

Throw a leveling kit on this thing with some 285 or 305 wide 33" aggressive tread tires and call it a day. Seats 8 comfortably and plenty of space for our family vacations.

Chitterlet?!?! Obamamotorwerks?!?!

Man cards, please.

We're JEEPERS! We MAKE the new Grand Wagoneer work, with 8" lift kits and bogger 40's!!!

NOTHING is over, until WE decide it is!!! Was it over, when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!?! (NSFW language!)

Last edited by The_War_Wagon; 01-03-2015 at 10:31 AM.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information