Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: This site has been dead lately!!!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sodakjeep View Post
    When I first try to access this forum from google I'm taken to a "filestore" spam site. I have to go back to google and retry to finally get in. I bet this keeps lots of folks away.
    Just tried from google and got the same.... somethings definitely going on.

***i wouldn't recommend anyone else try clicking the TUJ link from google. It downloaded an exe file to my computer.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Yup it did the same thing but I shut the page down in a hot sec when I didn't recognize the site. @SodakJeep when did you first notice this happening?

Senior Member Getting Dirty The_War_Wagon's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by sodakjeep View Post
    When I first try to access this forum from google...

Ahhh! I think I found your problem.

Friends don't LET friends beer gOOgles!
    '07 Jeep Commander, Rocky Mountain Edition - 287 V-8 - Superchipped - aFe Stage II R-5A CAI - Flowmaster Super 44 - 2" Daystar lift - Spidertrax spacers - 32x10.5x17 Cooper A/T's - Fastman throttlebody - Skyjacker 8000 shocks

The apple device problem is fixed. I haven't been on my laptop to see if the link problem is corrected.

Senior Member Getting Dirty Holiday Jones's Avatar
    Lol ^
    200 Army Green Commander Limited. HEMI. QuadraDriveII!!!! 4xGuard Matrix, 3/4" D-rings, 2" Rough Country Lift, 255/75/17 BFG M/T, 1.25" wheel spacers.

Hi, new to this forum. Im a member at Jeepforum and Jeepcommander.com also. Finally installed my OME HD lift and my Tactical Armor group bumpers this weekend. I'll post pics for everyone soon once i get them off of my camera. Still need to put the new wheels and tires on though. I bought some JK rubicon wheels (I also have spidertrax 1.5 in spacers) and was gunna put on 265/70/17 gy duratracs on there. I have the JBA 1/2 inch leveling spacer in the front so hopefully I wont need to mess with the pinch weld. Do you think the 1.5 spacers were too wide?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by coophadley View Post
    Hi, new to this forum. Im a member at Jeepforum and Jeepcommander.com also. Finally installed my OME HD lift and my Tactical Armor group bumpers this weekend. I'll post pics for everyone soon once i get them off of my camera. Still need to put the new wheels and tires on though. I bought some JK rubicon wheels (I also have spidertrax 1.5 in spacers) and was gunna put on 265/70/17 gy duratracs on there. I have the JBA 1/2 inch leveling spacer in the front so hopefully I wont need to mess with the pinch weld. Do you think the 1.5 spacers were too wide?
    Welcome aboard to the REAL Commander site. I've followed your TAG saga with some interest, owning one of their older multi-carriers myself.

The pinch weld is always a good idea - think of it as, "preventative maintenance" - once you start going up in lift and tire size. 1.5" spacers are a must with factory wheels and that size tire (I have new Cooper ATP's in that size waiting to go on, once MY lift and spacers are installed). New wheels with proper offset are preferable... and once I find a DECENT looking aftermarket wheel , I'll replace mine.

Watch your torque when tightening down your spacers, and check them often - PARTICULARLY before & after long drives or heavy wheeling. Since mine is gonna be KING of the mall crawlers , and I only use if for short hops around town, I'll still keep an eye on 'em. Just less likely to have one come loose and sheer a wheel stud BEFORE I catch it.
    '07 Jeep Commander, Rocky Mountain Edition - 287 V-8 - Superchipped - aFe Stage II R-5A CAI - Flowmaster Super 44 - 2" Daystar lift - Spidertrax spacers - 32x10.5x17 Cooper A/T's - Fastman throttlebody - Skyjacker 8000 shocks

thanks, I'll post pics of the bumpers soon somewhere, but I am kind of disappointed that i ordered the wrong grille-guard. I wanted a short hoop for mounting lights but all the options were confusing so instead i got a really tall hoop that goes almost up to the hood. Maybe I can get that taken off and weld a smaller one on.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	powderhorn commander.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	95.1 KB 
ID:	2468
    That was what I wanted it to look like.

Name:	tag bumper mounted.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	81.3 KB 
ID:	2469
    This is mine mounted on there. A write up of the install will be posted soon. Still looks good, just not what I wanted.
    Last edited by coophadley; 01-26-2015 at 08:59 AM.

thanks, I'll post pics of the bumpers soon somewhere, but I am kind of disappointed that i ordered the wrong grille-guard. I wanted a short hoop for mounting lights but all the options were confusing so instead i got a really tall hoop that goes almost up to the hood. Maybe I can get that taken off and weld a smaller one on.

Name:	powderhorn commander.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	95.1 KB 
ID:	2468
    That was what I wanted it to look like.

This is mine mounted on there. A write up of the install will be posted soon. Still looks good, just not what I wanted.
    Welcome aboard and you can start a garage thread. It will help you keep track of your build and give you and others a reference. You can find a link in most of our signatures to our garage threads to give you some ideas and the proper location for it. I kinda like the bigger stinger myself.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    I kinda like the bigger stinger myself.
    I would've ordered the smaller hoop too, but since you've got it now... mount your KC's on the UNDERSIDE of the hoop, and make lemonade! I think it'll be a good - and DIFFERENT - look!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information