Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another New commander Member :)

Junior Member Looking for Dirt pyraxiate's Avatar

Another New commander Member :)

Hi everyone. I got my commander a few months ago and am loving it. I can't wait to get some of the mods I've seen here done mines an 06 with the 5.7 Hemi. Man this thing has some power. Here's a pic of it with my other jeep. The only mods I've done since purchasing are 5% Limo tint all the way around and I removed the lower valence. The white one is my wife's jeep. This replaced my 528i and I have had no regrets other than the 10 mpg lol. Next step is a 2.5-3 inch lift and bigger tires Anyone else in Maryland here?
    Last edited by pyraxiate; 01-31-2015 at 10:01 AM.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Welcome to the forum! Sweet looking XK. Lower valance? If your talking about the the plastic air dam\splitter on the bottom of the front bumper that will easily cost you 1MPG just so you know. Getting 10MPG is kinda low for a stock XK. These things are awesome but really like their maintenance a lot. I just bought my second XK not that long ago and the first thing I did was replace all the fluids (went from 10 to 13MPG) it will help. As soon as it warms up its getting all new plugs, PCV, water pump, and front hubs which should get me a couple more MPG's. Also look into the OME LIFT.
    Last edited by Sal-XK; 01-31-2015 at 02:39 PM.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Welcome aboard!

How many miles on it? Do you have maintenance records?

I'd put money that you're overdue for spark plugs, PCV valve, differential and transfer case fluids. Throw the gamut at it and your MPG should go we up. I get 12.5-13 city (lots of traffic lights on my commute) and I'm running much larger tires and a bunch of extra weight. I sometimes squeeze out 15 on the high.... bricks don't like going fast
    Last edited by Matt; 01-31-2015 at 07:04 PM.

Supporting Vendor Looking for Dirt Synthetic Advantage's Avatar
    Welcome!

Let the mods begin.

Junior Member Looking for Dirt pyraxiate's Avatar
    Awesome info to know. It had 70 k when I got it. Up to 79 already....ouch lol. I should be getting near 13? That's awesome to know ! I'll order a tune up kit asap Thanks! Does an aftermarket air intake kit help any ?

I paid 15,550 plus 2 k for a 4 year full warranty via route66 ( my bank uses them ). Same warranty company on my patriot and they have already covered 500$ in dealer work so far. Can't complain I think I got a decent deal considering the options. Thanks again and yep....let the modding begin I'm already turning heads....seems many marylanders haven't seen commanders floating around lol
    Last edited by pyraxiate; 02-01-2015 at 07:52 PM.

Super Moderator Getting Dirty
    Looks great, welcome to the club!

Senior Member Getting Dirty The_War_Wagon's Avatar
    WHERE are you, that the grass and trees are green THIS time of year?!?!

MY XK's door locks were all frozen shut this afternoon. Thankfully, the hatch opened, so I crawled through to get it started. Locks were frozen such that I couldn't even MANUALLY pull them up!
    '07 Jeep Commander, Rocky Mountain Edition - 287 V-8 - Superchipped - aFe Stage II R-5A CAI - Flowmaster Super 44 - 2" Daystar lift - Spidertrax spacers - 32x10.5x17 Cooper A/T's - Fastman throttlebody - Skyjacker 8000 shocks

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Just be careful with modifications and warranties. Unless they can prove the mod caused the failure they should cover what ever fails. Just letting you know because some members have had issues in the past.

Senior Member Getting Dirty thance's Avatar
    Welcome to the forum. We have a lot of knowledge and a good bunch of people..... so if you don't find what your looking for, ask away!
    2010 5.7 QTII - OME HD w/ 3/8" spacers up front and F150 MLL in rear, JBA UCA 6.7, JKS 2034 Front Quick Disconnects, Gas Tank Skid Mod, PinchWeld Mod, 1.5" SpiderTrax, General Grabber AT 265/70/17, Custom Front Receiver / Plow Mount, Custom Tow Rings F/R, Diablo Intune.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    Most warranty have allowed lift and tire sizes before they will not cover anything, like Sal said call and find out so you know what your limits are
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information