Seems like forever since I've had time to get in on some camp commander talk, been busy. Unfortunately a busted strut slowed me down. Did get the busted one replaced Tue. night, last night was the other, tonight, finish up with tire rotation and I'm back running. Should ride more like an actual vehicle now and not a chuck wagon.

Sal, you bet brudda. I still plan on attending. Boss will have to tie a winch around my butt to stop me. Looking forward to meeting everyone. Don't know if the little lady will be making it for sure yet, if she doesn't I might drag my brother along.

I can make it down on Wed. but I think me & Cico was going to meet somewhere in the southern part of WV to convoy the rest of the way. Can't remember what day we was planning this though. Maybe Cico can refresh my sharp memory.

As far as some activities. Map orienteering would be very cool. I know enough about it to get me otta the woods safe using topo and a compass. I never go backpacking without the good ol map and compass. As we all know, batteries die, a gps is just added weight. I could show anyone who may be interested how to make a nice lightweight penny stove. All you will need is a couple cans, beer, pop, red bull, whatever, a sharp blade & thumbtack. Oh, dont forget a penny. I also have some do it yourself stuff I can show off and how to make. DIY cook pots, stoves, dehydrated meals & recipes, Whoopie Slings & splices using hollow core ropes, and/or other small odds and ends. I'll be bringing my hammock so if you all want to check it out and ask questions if your intrested, feel free. If you want to jump in and try it out, your more than welcome also. Just a warning, if anyone is used to sleeping on the ground, you may end up with an itch to buy a hammock, especially for backpacking where all you need is two trees to pop up camp.

My camp hammock setup from a recent 3 day backpack trip.