Sponsors
    XK-forum
    Dick Myers Chrysler Dodge Jeep
    Discount Tires

Itinerary

Wednesday: Mostly setup day
    2000 arrive at the outpost grab coffee LOL
    2030 secure location for Camp Commander
    2100 Post coordinates and directions to site in this thread.
    2200 last call arrivals to meet me at the outpost only going if people are coming in.

Thursday: mostly getting people to the site
    0830 I will be at the outpost for breakfast and to check this thread and meet people
    0930 Back at camp
    1400 I'll be at the out post only if Niel and Caleb didn't show up to the camp
    1600 Hopefully hitting some trails

Friday Trail rides

Saturday Trail rides

The forest service links and sites are all broken they changed there websites so it killed all the links. I've found the new ones for some of them but for the rest there not up yet. So looks like the Eldorado outpost site still has working links and should have eveything your looking for.

Eldorado Outpost This site has links to most of the stuff you need to know about Uwharrie.

Map link

Facility Map

Camping

Topo Map Link

We will be free camping at Uwharrie. The plan is I will be arriving Wednesday and claiming are space in the woods on the trails. I will then post coordinates to the sites as well as directions to the site. Starting Thursday depending on published plans by those arriving I will set up meet up time at the outpost. I will run these meet up time until Friday. We will also have a phone roster distributed by email to all attendees so hopefully someone at the camp site will have signal if you get lost coming in or you're running late.

Attendees if you don't see your name and are coming please post or send me a PM so I am tracking you.

XK'S

Name Arrival time

iamJeep-----------------Thursday afternoon

sal-xk-------------------Wednesday night or Thursday morning

chapman89------------Friday morning

crackedup

JeepGator34

NeilSmith----------------Thursday afternoon

urbancrawler

WX'S

Carolina_WK

criket--------------------Saturday

EugeneTheTJ------------maybe

RUQUIK------------------maybe

Secure Counsel Raffle 8 Sold so far
    Neil Smith
    ER Nurse
    Chapman89
    IamJeep x2
    Crackedup
    Cico7 $20 Paid in full

Direction to the camp site

If you look on the map the camp site is on trail 96 just south of were 90 joins 96 it should have a camping and parking sign thats were it will be. Also the trail 90 from the road to the Parking sign is gravel road its just considered a trail for legal purposes. So driving directions will be take 576 west from 109, pass the shooting range and you will see a trail head for 89 the road makes a right hand turn at that point keep going make a left at the next gravel road you come to. Follow that all the way down and it will come to two parking lots one on the right one on the left and a mud hole in the middle. Don't go in the mud pit you wont get out LOL. Take the parking lot to the left and find the trail opening its the only opening in the fence and make a left were going to be about 100' feet in.
    Last edited by Sal-XK; 05-10-2011 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Updates

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar

Last edited by Sal-XK; 03-30-2011 at 09:25 PM.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar

A little Information on Uwharrie (UNF)

UNF is a great place to visit. It has dozens of trails ranging from easy to extremely difficult. The easy trail is just that easy the moderate trails are probably harder then what we wen't threw on our last trail with all the rock climbing. I've been down all the trails but the extremely difficult one and yes I had to take bypasses on some of the other ones to get threw. That being said there is something for everyone that shows up no matter what there driving even for you xjtrailrider. There is free primitive camping there as well as two camping grounds and one has a bath house with real toilets ladies. The other one is set by a lake. The free camping is allowed anywhere except where its posted not to. A lot of the trails connect at some point and most trail heads can be reached with a short 5mn drive from improved camp grounds. There also cabins and houses for rent for the weekend ladies. There is also a gas station called the outpost the sells everything you need or forgot to keep wheeling or replace forgotten camping gear as well as a diner that serves breakfast lunch and dinner and free air to refill our tires. Its about 15mn drive to a Napa store and about 30mn or less to a walmart. Due to the heat down here I recommend visiting in the spring fall or winter avoiding the summer if your not from the south you'll probably be miserable. The trails right now are $5 a day $30 for a season pass I know there going up to 7 and 40 I think. There are also hiking trails beaches rivers mountain bike trails all kinds of stuff besides off road trails ladies. Well just shedding some light on the subject to help people decide on a new place. I know there are a couple of NC commanders that go there I'm sure they will chime in as well.

There is now some construction going on at UNF which will also mean some new trail routes up there as well. This is not public information yet but not top secret either. We just get the inside scoop from volunteering up there. I would encourage everyone interested in going to view this forum here http://www.nc4x4.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=78
    This a thread called Friends of Uwharrie and where you can learn about new and upcoming things at the forest and where we coordinate all our plans. Just some information for now.

Would love to throw my hat in the ring but doubt I'll be able to make it due to a pending deployment.

Senior Member Getting Dirty Chapman89's Avatar
    Consider me in for now. Hopefully my schedule won't conflict by then.

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    I will be gone the whole month of May training soldiers for deployment. So unfortunately I wont be able to attend.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Thread Information