Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 East Coast Camp Commander / May 17 - 22

Senior Member Getting Dirty Chapman89's Avatar
    Alright, personally I'm just there to give the XK a work out. I go hiking and fishing nearby, finding "legal" spots to wheel is difficult around here. I'd be interested in the information sessions as you suggested. It would be something educational to do during our downtime in between trail runs.

On a side note I picked up a like new husky cargo liner for $40 from a local. Unfortunately it doesn't sit flush with the 3rd row missing. I guess I need to make my storage box or put my seats back in...
    Current: 2013 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 Speed

Traded: 2006 XK Limited 5.7 QD-2

Senior Member Getting Dirty NeilSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Im coming Thursday, leaving home in the a.m. Takes me about 4 1/2 hours usually to get to the Charlotte area so Im looking at around the same amount of time to get there.
    '07 Commander 3.7 V6
    2" Rough Country Lift with Vision Warriors and Goodyear Duratracs 245/75R17
    BajaRack Mega-Mule with KC Daylighters
    http://s624.photobucket.com/albums/t...cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

Junior Member Looking for Dirt
    Seems like forever since I've had time to get in on some camp commander talk, been busy. Unfortunately a busted strut slowed me down. Did get the busted one replaced Tue. night, last night was the other, tonight, finish up with tire rotation and I'm back running. Should ride more like an actual vehicle now and not a chuck wagon.

Sal, you bet brudda. I still plan on attending. Boss will have to tie a winch around my butt to stop me. Looking forward to meeting everyone. Don't know if the little lady will be making it for sure yet, if she doesn't I might drag my brother along.

I can make it down on Wed. but I think me & Cico was going to meet somewhere in the southern part of WV to convoy the rest of the way. Can't remember what day we was planning this though. Maybe Cico can refresh my sharp memory.

As far as some activities. Map orienteering would be very cool. I know enough about it to get me otta the woods safe using topo and a compass. I never go backpacking without the good ol map and compass. As we all know, batteries die, a gps is just added weight. I could show anyone who may be interested how to make a nice lightweight penny stove. All you will need is a couple cans, beer, pop, red bull, whatever, a sharp blade & thumbtack. Oh, dont forget a penny. I also have some do it yourself stuff I can show off and how to make. DIY cook pots, stoves, dehydrated meals & recipes, Whoopie Slings & splices using hollow core ropes, and/or other small odds and ends. I'll be bringing my hammock so if you all want to check it out and ask questions if your intrested, feel free. If you want to jump in and try it out, your more than welcome also. Just a warning, if anyone is used to sleeping on the ground, you may end up with an itch to buy a hammock, especially for backpacking where all you need is two trees to pop up camp.

My camp hammock setup from a recent 3 day backpack trip.

MY wife and I are coming! Wooohoooo!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Crackedup, Glad you're still going to make it. Those things sound pretty cool and could help fill the down time. I will be planning some night runs on the trails we will stick to the easier ones for this. It's interesting how much harder the trails get at night LOL and it's a good experience for those who haven't done that yet. Wednesday will be just setting up space for us and getting directions and stuff posted for everyone to make it in. If you can't make it until Thursday no big deal. Some time in April or the first week of may I will need people to post there travel plans so I know when to expect people and when to start looking for you if you don't show.

Quote Originally Posted by ER NURSE View Post
    MY wife and I are coming! Wooohoooo!
    Dude that's awesome glad you can make out. pretty cool another XK added to the list

XK-Forum.com is sponsoring our event and has offered a secure counsel to raffle off. Secure Counsel Details I will sell the tickets at $10 a piece, I do need a minimum amount a tickets though. Jon is taking a loss so we can raffle one off but I don't want that loss to be to bad. Depending how close we get I might just kick in the extra cash to cover the cost. So what you guys think $10 ticket chance to win a $150 item. It fits all XK's WK's 2006 to 2010
    So who wants a ticket

I love to fish and hike. Not sure if we have enough time to do a real long hike, but a nice night hike is always fun. My jeep is my way to work and back. I hope the trails have enough bypasses so I don't rip anything off.

Let's make a bare essentials list;
    CB raido
    Recovery strap
    Front and back recovery points
    Food, water
    First aid kit
    Fire extinguisher
    Beer, wine, liquer

Skid plates would be real good idea. other then that you're good bro, I survived multiple strips out there with no protection on. Just take it easy stick to the lines that you're comfortable with and it will be all good. My XK is my DD as well.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty IamJEEP's Avatar
    I have an idea for the raffle.......The best looking RED XK wins everything! Lol

Ok, maybe not. I should be there Thursday- Saturday or Friday - Sunday. My better half is comming with me so we'll probably do some like hiking and horseback riding. I wouldn't mind a "recovery" class or "map" class, both would be great.

I'm deffinately biying some raffles for that Secure Consol!

I get to work on the XK this weekend, finally. I have some projects I need to get started on before the roadtrip.
    ****Uwharrie Aprroved****
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*
    --------->My Garage<------------------

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Then I drove her hard for about 45 mins.

Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread Information