Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 East Coast Camp Commander / May 17 - 22

Junior Member Looking for Dirt
    For anyone interested in outdoor gear deals check out the 2 sites I linked below.

First is Steep and Cheap. Every so many minutes they have a new deal, sometimes up to 80% off stuff. You can leave it open in your browser window & it will update new deals when they arrive.
    Steep and Cheep

Second is Outdoordaily.com. They have one deal a day. You have to be quick sometimes with this one. Like todays deal, a GoLite Demaree Canyon 800 Fill Down Jacket, normally $200, today, $75. I missed out on this one because I didnt check it out early enough, or I would have bought one.
    Outdoordaily.com

So, if anyone wants to buy a new sleeping bag or tent, keep an eye on Steep & Cheep. They usually have them off and on all day. Don't forget, I also have a 2 person then & single sleeping bag available to loan out also. Just letting you all know of a couple good deal sites I found in case you want some new gear. With exception to iamjeep, sleeping in a bed, coverd roof, pfffft.. ;-)
    Last edited by Crackedup; 04-13-2011 at 07:12 AM.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty IamJEEP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilSmith View Post
    Like a fart can. LOL ! No , really it sounds good I think. It has a totally different sound from inside the cab than what you hear from behind it. Compared to the tire noise , you dont really notice the muffler while cruising at 50 mph. you really hear it when accelerating thru the gears though.
    O.K. thanks. Don't be alarmed if you see a guy paying close attention to your exhaust, lol!! BTW, what model did you go with (40,44,ect.)?
    ****Uwharrie Aprroved****
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*
    --------->My Garage<------------------

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Then I drove her hard for about 45 mins.

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    I would also suggest, from past experience, you update your GPS. When Crunchy broke his leg,
    the hospital had closed and moved. The new hospital was not in the GPS because the streets were too new.

Next point, we should have location of emergency facilities.

And we should have an emergency contact list. List of allergies, next of kin, copy of your will and your SSN.
    No SSN....but a name and number.
    If Crunchy's wife was't there, who would we have called? What if they were both injured?
    If this is done at the check in at the ranger station or outpost or something, no need.

Something else to clutter our time out and about....

Another post someone had numbered the back of all the vehicles in the party. I really don't understand why, if you can
    explain to me, that would be helpful. Should we do that? We really should have a checklist of some sort to be sure we don't
    lose someone...or if we do, we will know who. Then that would require check in and check out...something else to clutter
    our adventure.

Screw it...balls out! Not litterally....

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    No one takes your contact info at the forest, so we can have a sign in sheet that could cover that issue. I don't think we need to number the Jeeps that was for a convoy order that got messed up anyway later in there trip. We will assign a lead vehicle probably myself because I'm familiar with the trails and a trail jeep who brings up the rear with out passing anybody up probably Don because the trail jeep has to be capable and be an experienced off roader because he most likely will only be recoverable from the front. The jeep in front of him should be capable of pulling the trail jeep as well. Then put all the new guys in between putting the least experienced people up front behind the trail jeep. How does that sound to everyone. Troy is the servicing town to Uwharrie, so dialing 911 gets you police and fire from troy (who are familiar with the trails) which is pretty close something we didn't have on some of our adventures. I'm not sure were there hospital or the closest hospital is we will have to look that one up.

Senior Member Getting Dirty NeilSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by IamJEEP View Post
    O.K. thanks. Don't be alarmed if you see a guy paying close attention to your exhaust, lol!! BTW, what model did you go with (40,44,ect.)?
    super 44
    '07 Commander 3.7 V6
    2" Rough Country Lift with Vision Warriors and Goodyear Duratracs 245/75R17
    BajaRack Mega-Mule with KC Daylighters
    http://s624.photobucket.com/albums/t...cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    No one takes your contact info at the forest, so we can have a sign in sheet that could cover that issue. I don't think we need to number the Jeeps that was for a convoy order that got messed up anyway later in there trip. We will assign a lead vehicle probably myself because I'm familiar with the trails and a trail jeep who brings up the rear with out passing anybody up probably Don because the trail jeep has to be capable and be an experienced off roader because he most likely will only be recoverable from the front. The jeep in front of him should be capable of pulling the trail jeep as well. Then put all the new guys in between putting the least experienced people up front behind the trail jeep. How does that sound to everyone. Troy is the servicing town to Uwharrie, so dialing 911 gets you police and fire from troy (who are familiar with the trails) which is pretty close something we didn't have on some of our adventures. I'm not sure were there hospital or the closest hospital is we will have to look that one up.
    Soundss good to me Sal. I guess I'll be up front since I'm a noob, which is fine by me. I'll have tow points front and rear so, you experienced guys can jump in my Jeep to pull someone out if need be.
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2

Quote Originally Posted by NeilSmith View Post
    super 44
    Great, cant wait to hear it in person .

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Soundss good to me Sal. I guess I'll be up front since I'm a noob, which is fine by me. I'll have tow points front and rear so, you experienced guys can jump in my Jeep to pull someone out if need be.
    No one needs to drive your jeep but you bro, thats what spotters are for. The most experienced person on the trail is the spotter, so if something needed to be done with your Jeep your good to drive just trust the spotter which for a noob is a hard thing to do but they can see more than you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    No one needs to drive your jeep but you bro, thats what spotters are for. The most experienced person on the trail is the spotter, so if something needed to be done with your Jeep your good to drive just trust the spotter which for a noob is a hard thing to do but they can see more than you can.
    I hear ya bro, I meant if someone else gets stuck. Since i've never recovered anyone, I would let an experience feller do it. But I will deffinately do it with guidence.

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    I hear ya bro, I meant if someone else gets stuck. Since i've never recovered anyone, I would let an experience feller do it. But I will deffinately do it with guidence.
    That's how we learn.....

Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread Information