Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 East Coast Camp Commander / May 17 - 22

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    Well, that was all my fault I didn't see the bypass for one and the weather was bad which made the trail slippery. And I had no spotter to boot. Ya don't show her that LOL we probably won't be on this trail anyways. We'll have to see how people feel on the easier trails fist
    bubba...when did this happen???

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cico7 View Post
    bubba...when did this happen???
    I think that was November or December last trip of the season. It happen on Daniel the hardest trail out there and my first time on it. LOL

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    I think that was November or December last trip of the season. It happen on Daniel the hardest trail out there and my first time on it. LOL
    Sucks man,....

Quote Originally Posted by cico7 View Post
    Sucks man,....
    it's all good bro, I had a good laugh about it. It's a badge of honor now

Senior Member Getting Dirty NeilSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Sal, being in the sandhills, I guess Uwharrie doesnt have the elevations like Flagpole , what elevation are we looking at for the campsite ? Just planning for nighttime temps.
    '07 Commander 3.7 V6
    2" Rough Country Lift with Vision Warriors and Goodyear Duratracs 245/75R17
    BajaRack Mega-Mule with KC Daylighters
    http://s624.photobucket.com/albums/t...cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

Quote Originally Posted by NeilSmith View Post
    Sal, being in the sandhills, I guess Uwharrie doesnt have the elevations like Flagpole , what elevation are we looking at for the campsite ? Just planning for nighttime temps.
    were camping at pretty much sea level the highest mountain I been on was 800' I think. At the end of May it should be pretty warm outside over night lows should be in the 60's if not 70's by then day time highs probably in the 90's. The weather is more predictable then flag pole for sure so a week out we should have a good idea what to expect.

Junior Member Looking for Dirt
    Sal have you looked into staying maybe at Deep water horse camp. that would be free and there is a beautifulk secluded lake 100 yards away. Plenty of room as well as trees for the hammok people. if you need any ideas of a place to stay let me know. i have been going there since i was born i know that place inside and out.
    2007 Jeep Commander Overland///5.7L V-8 hemi////Quadra-drive II////Cobra Cb with PA system////K&N cold air intake////Superchip Flashpaq////Navigation system////Boston acoustics Future mods: 4" superlift///All terrain tires///HD UCAs///HD LCAs///OME front coils///Rancho rear coils///Defender roof rack///light cage///Steel bumpers///Rear differential guard///Rocky Road supersliders///tail li

I think someone else mentioned that as well to me. I will diffidently have to check that out. Is that the one in the south east corner of Uwharrie. I do plan on making to Uwharrie before May do you want to get together maybe and scout around a good area for the event. You're coming right? Just let me know the last few times I wen't I was having so much fun I forgot to recon a good site. I have some ideas in mind some clearings right off the trail I was thinking about. Anyway just hit me up Bro maybe we can run a trail or two while were there.

Senior Member Getting Dirty Chapman89's Avatar
    I'd be willing to go scouting with you guys before the event. I just need two weeks heads up to take off of work.
    Current: 2013 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 Speed

Traded: 2006 XK Limited 5.7 QD-2

Junior Member Looking for Dirt
    yeah it is on the southeast corner. it is literally a huge opening with campsites and a lake and trees. Almost no traffic as well. if the falls dam route is opened up by the we could camp up there and there are great spots up there that are somewhat closer to the trails. I will let you know when i am heading down there again. i should be able to come in may but not sure as of yet
    2007 Jeep Commander Overland///5.7L V-8 hemi////Quadra-drive II////Cobra Cb with PA system////K&N cold air intake////Superchip Flashpaq////Navigation system////Boston acoustics Future mods: 4" superlift///All terrain tires///HD UCAs///HD LCAs///OME front coils///Rancho rear coils///Defender roof rack///light cage///Steel bumpers///Rear differential guard///Rocky Road supersliders///tail li

Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread Information