Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 East Coast Camp Commander / May 17 - 22

Senior Member Getting Dirty Chapman89's Avatar
    Just over a month left to wait! I think I'm going to be cheap and tie my spare down to the factory rails with some straps.

After detailing my XK today my neighbor pulled in his driveway, he got out and said, "Why bother, by tomorrow you'll want to go give it a mud bath" hahaha

It was the first detail of the year and I'll admit it sure looks nice having a layer of wax, clean tires, and chrome wheels that actually shine. The interior got the royal treatment of leather cleaning/conditioning, all the plastics got Meguiars natural finish and the carpet was scotch guarded...again.
    Current: 2013 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 Speed

Traded: 2006 XK Limited 5.7 QD-2

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IamJEEP View Post
    WooHoo! Cabin has been reserved! See you ugly muglies in the sticks, beeotches!

I think someone is getting excited

Quote Originally Posted by Chapman89 View Post
    Just over a month left to wait! I think I'm going to be cheap and tie my spare down to the factory rails with some straps.

After detailing my XK today my neighbor pulled in his driveway, he got out and said, "Why bother, by tomorrow you'll want to go give it a mud bath" hahaha

It was the first detail of the year and I'll admit it sure looks nice having a layer of wax, clean tires, and chrome wheels that actually shine. The interior got the royal treatment of leather cleaning/conditioning, all the plastics got Meguiars natural finish and the carpet was scotch guarded...again.
    I say the same thing when I clean mine up why bother I'm just going to trash it LOL

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty IamJEEP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    I think someone is getting excited

Yes, I is be gettin' excited!

Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    I say the same thing when I clean mine up why bother I'm just going to trash it LOL
    This is true but, isn't it a better fealing to trash a nice and clean truck VS an allready trashed truck? That is the question you have to ask yourself........
    ****Uwharrie Aprroved****
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*
    --------->My Garage<------------------

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Then I drove her hard for about 45 mins.

Senior Member Getting Dirty NeilSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well, it looks as though we will have a nice turnout. Camp Commander has never been another Camp Jeep and never will. I'm thankful for it. The guys that attend Camp Commander seem to really enjoy their XK and aren't afraid to use it for the intended purpose. I like that it is a small event , compared to Camp Jeep or the Jeep Jamborees , and we always have a good time and everyone enjoys themselves. Personally, I always like to extend some southern hospitality and help out where I can. No trip goes without some sort of issue, from muffler installs at camp ( after some pre-mature off roading ) to broken legs, but with a little help and experiance from each other we pull through. On this trip, it looks like we have three returning members, Cico, Sal, and myself. If any off you guys need help or advice about the camp, don't hesitate to ask one of us. Some of you may be new to the whole camping thing, if so, dont think twice about asking questions . A little advice now can really make a difference in your preparation. Lat year, I bought a cheap canopy from Wally World just to use for my little back country camping trips. It didnt last long in the rain and has since been discarded. I learned my lesson and I bought an Easy Up canopy. We connected a bunch of tarps and Sal's canopy together for the "command center" last year and I am prepared to do the same this time. We are a small enough group that we just all chip in with what needs to be done and the whole group will enjoy themselves that much more. You wont get that at a large major event, I don't think. If anyone has any ideas or questions as they are getting their gear together, post it up here. If you need anything, post it up. I have extra gear and sure others do too, so if you need anything last minute, post it up. As far as food goes, of course everyone is free to do as they wish. In the past, the meals seemed to gravitate toward the " command center " because of the weather and we just kind of shared everything. It can be a little intimidating for some that is not accustomed to camping and I dont want anyone to feel left out. This trip is a laid back, easy going, family friendly event and I know that our members will do what they can to keep it that way. So, since I'm brainstorming and getting my gear together, feel free to ask me for help or advice. I may not be able to help but the next guy will. Oh yeah, Cico , get that coffee thing squared away. We dont want to scare off any more members.
    '07 Commander 3.7 V6
    2" Rough Country Lift with Vision Warriors and Goodyear Duratracs 245/75R17
    BajaRack Mega-Mule with KC Daylighters
    http://s624.photobucket.com/albums/t...cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Thanks Neil with all the trail questions and stuff like that we never covered the general atmosphere of Camp Commander. Diffidently a family friendly event. Last year was a great time even with the bad weather which hopefully we will avoid this year. We are like a community while at camp everyone pitching in on what needs to be done from getting firewood to cooking or medivacing a camper. We pool are resources and just hang out and have a good time thats for sure. I thought the mud Don was making was good, man coffee. Just make sure bring everything you will need from food to toilet paper. Were closer to supplies this year so if you forget something or run out don't sweat it.

Blog Entries
    Hey, Sal, I'm just looking around on Google Earth at Uwharrie. Do you have an idea of where you want to camp ? Maybe point me in a general direction from the Outpost ?
    '07 Commander 3.7 V6

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    I have a friend who just went to Uwharrie this past weekend... pretty sweet Jeep too:

Edit: its a video... click it

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    I got coffee baby!! My stove, my french press, some water and coffee coffee coffee!

The big events can have the same familial feeling if people get thier heads up and extend a hand.

We need to post some of our pics of the "Command Center".

Here is a list of possible items you might want. GEAR

At least it isnt 45 min to a flush toilet.
    Last edited by cico7; 04-10-2011 at 05:00 PM.

Blog Entries
    nice Jeep. he could maybe use some new tires
    '07 Commander 3.7 V6

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cico7 View Post

We need to post some of our pics of the "Command Center".

'07 Commander 3.7 V6

Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread Information