Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Troubleshooting question

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    You would think but my dad and I would find jeeps with same problems and most of the time those were culperates. One grand cherokees we bought was an 07 with 48k on it owned by this old lady that poured money to fix it and all we did was hold at 2500 reset ecm and done
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Good stuff. Interested to see if that fixes Nick's issue! Regardless, i'll add that trick to my toolchest

Yea I'd be interested in what fixes it to, it's how we learn!
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Senior Member Getting Dirty The_War_Wagon's Avatar
    Plugged catalytic converter? Seen a LOTTA those lately...
    '07 Jeep Commander, Rocky Mountain Edition - 287 V-8 - Superchipped - aFe Stage II R-5A CAI - Flowmaster Super 44 - 2" Daystar lift - Spidertrax spacers - 32x10.5x17 Cooper A/T's - Fastman throttlebody - Skyjacker 8000 shocks

Supporting Vendor Looking for Dirt Synthetic Advantage's Avatar
    Well I was able to get over to his house and crank it up, ran it up to 2,500 for a minute and then let it idle. Funny thing is it ran great, nice and smooth up to about the 47 second point then it started to run rough and I had to gas it to keep it up to 2,500 on the rpms for the rest of the minute. We sat there and let it run for about 15 minutes. Didn't get a chance to get it out on the road. I told him to also get a scan tool and hook it up and see what the readings are on the coolant temp sensor. So he is gong to do that as well. The thing has 227k on it. The post above about a clogged cat makes sense with that many miles on it. So that is something else we will be looking into.

Thanks for all the help, when I find out more on how it is running I will let you know. Like posted, the more we find out what causes what, the better one becomes at troubleshooting.

Thanks again.

Awesome keep us updated on it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information