Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So I'm RE-thinking the wheel situation...

Senior Member Getting Dirty The_War_Wagon's Avatar

Lightbulb So I'm RE-thinking the wheel situation...

... as I have been more diligent about exploring the aftermarket wheel selection (and STILL concluding that most of them are BUTT fugly, I might add... ), and re-thinking the use of wheel spacers on a DD.

THAT said... I have found - what I think - is a nominally decent-looking wheel, but I need the brain trust to size it up for me, so that - literally - I order the RIGHT size, bolt-pattern, etc. To wit:

http://www.fueloffroad.com/wheel.cfm?id=2572

Pick me a size, here, that will allow 265/70/17's to clear - http://www.fueloffroad.com/specs.cfm?id=2572&name=D523

Looks like this, BTW.

Which, when you toss it into their "build-a-truck" widget, makes your Jeep look like THIS!

'07 Jeep Commander, Rocky Mountain Edition - 287 V-8 - Superchipped - aFe Stage II R-5A CAI - Flowmaster Super 44 - 2" Daystar lift - Spidertrax spacers - 32x10.5x17 Cooper A/T's - Fastman throttlebody - Skyjacker 8000 shocks

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    That looks nice!!! Dont like the wheels by themselves but when you throw it on the XK it looks great!!!
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    They only come in 17x9 with -12mm offset.... not a wheel i'd run on an XK

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    They only come in 17x9 with -12mm offset.... not a wheel i'd run on an XK
    D'OHHHH!!! The offset LOOKED deeper than that.

Well... back to the drawing board...
    '07 Jeep Commander, Rocky Mountain Edition - 287 V-8 - Superchipped - aFe Stage II R-5A CAI - Flowmaster Super 44 - 2" Daystar lift - Spidertrax spacers - 32x10.5x17 Cooper A/T's - Fastman throttlebody - Skyjacker 8000 shocks

Matt whats wrong with the off set?
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Sticks the wheels too far out, especially with 9" wide rims. Will cause rubbing issues and probably look odd. They'll stick out almost 1.25" further than mine.

Put another way.... they're equivalent to running 3" wheel spacers with stock wheels

Oh wow!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Put another way.... they're equivalent to running 3" wheel spacers with stock wheels
    OH - that's NOT so bad! I was afraid there wasn't ENOUGH offset, and they'd rub on the INSIDE!

You think they'll rub the sheetmetal though?

Yes, you'll need a solid 4" lift to run 265/70/17s on those wheels... or cut out the pinch weld sheet metal... or run stock diameter tires.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information