Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help with list.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar

Need help with list.

I'm trying to gather everything up all at once so I can spend maybe just a weekend knocking it all out at once. So let me know if I'm missing anything or suggestions on stuff I should just replace or service 5.7L 75K. I want to get all this done as soon as it warms up a bit. Then I can settle on a lift and be done with it.

The things I have already done are, serviced both axles, TC, Transmission and oil. Brakes still have plenty of meat on them.

1. Plugs 16 OEM Is it worth upgrading or changing the coils and ignitions out? I don't have any current issues.
    2. Water pump and coolant flush.
    3. Thermostat
    4. PCV
    5. Air filter
    6. What is the billet catch can? I remember reading something about upgrading it.
    7. Hubs both sides front. (timken)
    8. Rotate tires
    9. New belt
    10. tensioner and pulley.
    Last edited by Sal-XK; 02-13-2015 at 06:18 PM.

Senior Member Getting Dirty lekmedm's Avatar
    Check the serpiente belt, brake fluid, and power steering fluid.

Sent from wherever my Jeep takes me.
    2007 Commander Overland / 4" SuperLift / 285/70R17 Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx / Rusty's adjustable rear UCAs / Carolina Driveline front drive shaft / Flashpaq / DRLs & Tilting Mirrors / Autolite Iridiums / Cobra 29LX Chrome LE CB & Firestik antenna / Rear fog lights / Mopar Grille Guard with HID driving lights
    "4 wheel drive does not mean 4 wheel stop!" -Lee Goldberg, WABC TV weatherman

Quote Originally Posted by lekmedm View Post
    Check the serpiente belt, brake fluid, and power steering fluid.

Sent from wherever my Jeep takes me.
    Good idea I think I'll just throw a new belt on their.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    If you're gonna throw a belt on... might as well do the tensioner and idler pulley too. Normally one of those go bad first and take out the belt with it.... so just putting a new belt on will mean you'll be buying another one in the near future.

I personally wouldn't change wheel bearings as preventative maintenance. Is one making noise?

Dont worry about changing out coils... just do the plugs
    Last edited by Matt; 02-13-2015 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    If you're gonna throw a belt on... might as well do the tensioner and idler pulley too. Normally one of those go bad first and take out the belt with it.... so just putting a new belt on will mean you'll be buying another one in the near future.

I personally wouldn't change wheel bearings as preventative maintenance. Is one making noise?

Dont worry about changing out coils... just do the plugs
    I'll add those to the list. I do have a hum that is only noticeable while on the throttle. Not sure what it is at this point. Had the rear axle rebuilt and most of the noise went away but I still here something. I'm really convince its in front which all the front axle seals where also replaced. I can't really say if its worse on turns or not but their is no clicking that I hear. Can a water pump cause this noise?

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Does it make the noise if you rev the engine in park or neutral and not moving?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Does it make the noise if you rev the engine in park or neutral and not moving?
    Just while moving and mostly noticeable when at least over 40MPH. If I let off the throttle it goes away. I'm the only one that can here by the way LOL My wife think I'm crazy and being OCD over it.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    Sal the catch can I highly recommend, it goes between the pcv and intake, it traps all the oil vapor that gets put back into the intake to get burned. Highly suggest that!!!
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Quote Originally Posted by 06JeepXKHEMI View Post
    Sal the catch can I highly recommend, it goes between the pcv and intake, it traps all the oil vapor that gets put back into the intake to get burned. Highly suggest that!!!
    Ok cool! I'll look that up.

Junior Member Looking for Dirt pyraxiate's Avatar
    I just ordered a kit that included 16 plugs, belt, air filter, oil filter, and pcv valve for under 100. All oem Mopar.

Haven't put it all on yet ....waiting on weather. Lol

Here's a link if you are interested. http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...693143&alt=web

My '06 5.7 has 80k and I'm not sure what's been done, or if the 60k tuneup had been performed. She seems to be running nicely but I'm getting pretty terrible gas mileage ...10.6 avg. Getting a 28' 5500 lb camper soon and want everything running it's best.
    Last edited by pyraxiate; 02-20-2015 at 08:05 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information